I gotta be honest–I never thought I’d write a round up post featuring pantry staples, but here we are. Maybe I should rephrase that… I never thought I’d be writing a pantry staple post due to a global pandemic. Yeah… I’ve been thinking a lot about what’s going on and I’m sure you have too. I want to acknowledge it but at the same time keep things relatively the same on the blog.
One thing that will change is that, moving forward, I’m going to try to utilize pantry staples in most of my recipes, at least while we’re all quarantined. Think: pasta, rice, beans, frozen veggies, and meat. I figured that for now, I’d round up a handful of recipes for you that are already on my site, so if you’re looking for quick and easy recipes to prep, I’ve got you covered!
Pantry Staple Ingredients
Ok but first, what exactly should you *try* to have on hand during this time?
- Pasta (any variety)
- Grains: rice, quinoa
- Legumes: beans, chickpeas, lentils
- Soup — it never hurts to have a few cans of soup in your pantry
- Nuts and seeds
- Fresh produce that stays “good” for awhile: potatoes, apples, oranges, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
- Frozen fruit and vegetables
- Canned tuna
- Nut butter
- Broth (maybe try bone broth?)