Instant Pot vegetable soup is a great way to make use of your pressure cooker! The soup is heart-healthy, full of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes! Plus, the entire recipe is made in the Instant Pot, so clean up is a breeze.
This Instant Pot vegetable soup is my FIRST Instant Pot recipe! See, I’d held off on getting an Instant Pot last year because it seemed super trendy and I was waiting to see if the trend was going to stick around or not. As it turns out, people are still as obsessed as they were last year, so I bit the bullet and bought the IP!
Lately, I’ve been playing around with it and figuring out the best uses for it. Not surprisingly, one common use is soup, though I found that I like making other things even more (stay tuned for those recipes!).
WHY YOU NEED THIS INSTANT POT VEGETABLE SOUP
- It’s loaded with–wait for it–VEGETABLES, but is super flavorful and pairs perfectly with a slice of bread
- It comes together in 30 minutes total
- You only need one dish (the Instant Pot) for this recipe, so clean up is a breeze
VEGETABLE SOUP INGREDIENTS
- diced tomatoes
- green beans
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE SOUP IN THE INSTANT POT
Sauté the vegetables: You’ll start by adding the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley, and Italian seasoning to the pot, then pressing “sauté” and sautéing for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly softened.
Pressure cook: Add the remaining ingredients, lock the lid, then set the pressure cook time to 10 minutes. It will take 10 minutes or so for the pot to come to pressure, so be patient. Once the timer beeps, wait 5 minutes for it to naturally release before carefully turning the knob to “vent” and manually releasing the rest.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK VEGETABLE SOUP IN THE INSTANT POT?
Honestly, not long. The thing about vegetables in the Instant Pot is that they cook really quickly vs. meat, which takes a little longer to fully cook. You want the vegetables to be soft, but not soggy, so 10 minutes is the perfect amount of time!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THESE OTHER SOUP RECIPES
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- pressure cooker
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 russet potatoes diced
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 can canned diced tomatoes, fire roasted (14 oz.)
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the Instant Pot; then, add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley, and Italian seasoning. Press "sauté", then sauté everything for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables have slightly softened.
- Add potatoes, beans, tomatoes, broth, salt, and pepper, lock the lid and make sure the pressure release handle is in the "sealing" position, then set the pressure cook time to 10 minutes. It will take 10 minutes or so for the pot to fully come to pressure, then it will begin counting down from 10.
- Once the timer beeps, that means the soup is done. Allow 5 minutes for the pressure to naturally release before carefully flipping the pressure release handle to "vent" mode and manually releasing the pressure. Slowly remove the lid, stir the soup and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.