This Bacon-Wrapped Salmon recipe is whole30 compliant and served with cauliflower rice and an avocado dressing for a complete meal.
Who doesn’t love bacon-wrapped salmon? Certainly, you don’t have to be doing a whole30 to love bacon-wrapped salmon—it’s simply a tasty meal that combines two of the best foods.
I’ve come to enjoy salmon more than ever these days; Miguel and I try to eat it about once a week. Though it can be a little on the pricier side, it has so many health benefits that I think it’s well worth it. I like to buy wild caught packaged salmon because it tends to be more affordable than the salmon behind the counter.
Anyway, since we’re constantly eat it I like to come up with new ways to prepare it. Two of my favorite ways are baked, like in this garlic salmon and pan-fried, like in this chipotle salmon salad. This bacon-wrapped salmon recipe combines both of those methods. First, you’ll wrap bacon around the salmon, then you’ll pan-fry the salmon for a couple minutes on each side.
Tip: if you own a cast iron skillet, I recommend using that in this recipe.
Then, you’ll place the entire skillet in the oven and bake the salmon until it’s cooked through.
I opted to serve this salmon with cauliflower rice and a simple avocado dressing similar to the one I used in this recipe. Truthfully, the cauliflower rice was supposed to be cauliflower mash, but as it turns out, you have to use full size cauliflower to be able to turn it into mash (who knew?). I already had cauliflower rice on hand, so that’s what I decided to use!
This recipe is a complete meal made with real ingredients that will make your tastebuds happy and keep you feeling full in the best way. If you try it, remember to tag @thealmondeater on Instagram!Print
Bacon-Wrapped Salmon with Avocado Dressing
This bacon-wrapped salmon is whole30 compliant and served with cauliflower rice and avocado dressing for a complete meal!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: salmon
for the meal:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice, or more
- Spoonful of avocado dressing (see below)
- Optional: 1 avocado, sliced
for the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drizzle a little oil into an oven-proof skillet (I used my cast iron). Wrap each salmon fillet with a slice of bacon, then place the salmon into your skillet.
- Sear the salmon for 2 minutes on each side, then place the entire skillet into the oven and cook salmon for 10-15 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare the cauliflower rice according to the package instructions.
- Last, make the dressing by combining the ingredients in your food processor or blender and pulsing until smooth.
- Serve salmon over cauliflower, then drizzle it with the avocado dressing.
Keywords: whole30 salmon, bacon-wrapped salmon