This Bacon-Wrapped Salmon recipe is whole30 compliant and served with cauliflower rice and an avocado dressing for a complete meal. The salmon is seared to perfection then baked in the oven to ensure it’s cooked all the way through.
Who doesn’t love bacon-wrapped salmon? Certainly, you don’t have to be doing a whole30 to love bacon-wrapped salmon—it’s simply a tasty meal that combines two of the best foods.
I’ve come to enjoy salmon more than ever these days; Miguel and I try to eat it about once a week. Though it can be a little on the pricier side, it has so many health benefits that I think it’s well worth it. I like to buy wild-caught packaged salmon because it tends to be more affordable than the salmon behind the counter.
Since we’re constantly eat it I like to come up with new ways to prepare it. Two of my favorite ways are baked, like in this garlic salmon and pan-fried, like in this chipotle salmon salad. This bacon-wrapped salmon recipe combines both of those methods.
BACON-WRAPPED SALMON INGREDIENTS
Bacon: if you’re doing Whole30, make sure you find compliant bacon. This means bacon with ZERO sugar!
Salmon: preferably wild-caught
Cauliflower rice: You can make your own cauliflower rice, or you can buy pre-made cauliflower rice (my preferred method). You can usually find cauliflower rice in the refrigerated section with the rest of the produce, or in the frozen vegetable aisle
HOW TO MAKE BAKED BACON-WRAPPED SALMON
- Wrap salmon with bacon: Carefully wrap each salmon fillet with one slice of bacon. Place the side of the salmon with the ends of the bacon down first in the skillet.
- Sear salmon in a skillet: If you own a cast iron skillet, use that! Otherwise, any oven-proof skillet will work. Essentially, you want to be able to sear the salmon in the skillet then place the entire skillet into the oven rather than having to transfer the salmon to a baking sheet (though you can absolutely do that).
- Bake salmon: Depending on the size of your salmon fillets, the salmon should bake in 10-15 minutes. You’ll know it’s done if it flakes easily.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
After wrapping the salmon with bacon, be sure to place the side with the ends of the bacon down in the skillet first. That way, the bacon will stick to the salmon and not fall apart.
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH BACON-WRAPPED SALMON?
- Cauliflower rice is the easiest thing, but you could also serve it with roasted potatoes.
- Avocado sauce: made with fresh avocado, cilantro and garlic, and it’s super simple and quick to prepare and gives this dish even more flavor.
This recipe is a complete meal made with real ingredients that will make your tastebuds happy and keep you feeling full in the best way. If you try it, remember to tag @thealmondeater on Instagram!
OTHER WHOLE30 RECIPESPrint
Bacon-Wrapped Salmon with Avocado Dressing
This bacon-wrapped salmon is whole30 compliant and served with cauliflower rice and avocado dressing for a complete meal!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: salmon
for the meal:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice, or more
- Spoonful of avocado dressing (see below)
- Optional: 1 avocado, sliced
for the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drizzle a little oil into an oven-proof skillet (I used my cast iron). Wrap each salmon fillet with a slice of bacon, then place the salmon into your skillet.
- Sear the salmon for 2 minutes on each side, then place the entire skillet into the oven and cook salmon for 10-15 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare the cauliflower rice according to the package instructions.
- Last, make the dressing by combining the ingredients in your food processor or blender and pulsing until smooth.
- Serve salmon over cauliflower, then drizzle it with the avocado dressing.
Keywords: whole30 salmon, bacon-wrapped salmon