This Low Carb Chili recipes, otherwise known as no bean chili, is made in a skillet or dutch oven and comes together in 15 minutes. Made with ground turkey, it's a lighter option that's still full of flavor.
Cheers to chili season! Though I much prefer summer as a season, fall and winter have my heart solely because of soup and chili. I love cozying up on the couch with a warm bowl of chili, and this low carb chili is a new favorite of mine. Though I don't personally follow a low carb diet, I like trying new things.
WHY THIS LOW CARB CHILI IS SO GOOD
- It uses minimal ingredients but is still full of flavor
- The main ingredient is turkey, not beef, so it's a bit lighter and better-for-you
- You can adjust the spice level to your liking
CHILI WITHOUT BEANS
As I mentioned, this chili recipe is a no bean chili recipe. But don't worry--it's still plenty filling! And, since it doesn't have beans, the ingredient list is quite simple, and you know I'm all about simple recipes. Plus, it's plenty filling--I promise you're going to love it!
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB CHILI
First, cook the onion, pepper and turkey in a large skillet or dutch oven until the turkey is no longer pink, then add the garlic and sauté for a few more minutes before adding in the spices.
Pour the tomatoes and tomato paste into the pot, reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
HOW TO THICKEN CHILI
To be honest, this chili is pretty thick on its own. It will thin out a bit the longer it simmers, but overall I'd consider it to be a thick chili recipe. If yours isn't as thick as you want it to be, you can add an extra can of tomato paste.
CAN I MAKE LOW CARB CHILI IN THE CROCKPOT?
Yes! If you do choose to make it in your slow cooker, cook it on high for 3-4 hours, which should be enough time to fully cook the ground turkey.
CAN YOU FREEZE CHILI?
Yep! If you want to freeze the chili for leftovers, wait until chili cools a bit, then transfer it into freezer bags or plastic reusable containers. This chili recipe serves 2-4 people, so if you want to guarantee leftovers, you might want to consider doubling the recipe. Just a thought!
CHECK OUT THESE HEALTHY CHILI RECIPES
- Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
- Butternut Squash Chickpea Chili
- Easy Farro Chili
- Black Eyed Peas Beer Chili
- Butternut Squash Chili with Cauliflower
15 Minute Low Carb Chili (No Bean Chili)
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ yellow onion 1 cup, diced
- 1 greep pepper diced with seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans 14 oz. each diced tomatoes, fire roasted
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Heat oil in the bottom of a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat; then, add the turkey, onion and pepper and cook until turkey is no longer pink. Then, add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt and stir until turkey is coated in the spices. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, place a lid on the skillet, reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Eat as-is, or top with yogurt, cheese and/or jalapeño peppers and enjoy!