This Low Carb Chili recipes, otherwise known as no bean chili, is made in a skillet or dutch oven and comes together in 15 minutes. Made with ground turkey, it’s a lighter option that’s still full of flavor.
Cheers to chili season! Though I much prefer summer as a season, fall and winter have my heart solely because of soup and chili. I love cozying up on the couch with a warm bowl of chili, and this low carb chili is a new favorite of mine. Though I don’t personally follow a low carb diet, I like trying new things.
WHY THIS LOW CARB CHILI IS SO GOOD
- It uses minimal ingredients but is still full of flavor
- The main ingredient is turkey, not beef, so it’s a bit lighter and better-for-you
- You can adjust the spice level to your liking
CHILI WITHOUT BEANS
As I mentioned, this chili recipe is a no bean chili recipe. But don’t worry–it’s still plenty filling! And, since it doesn’t have beans, the ingredient list is quite simple, and you know I’m all about simple recipes. Plus, it’s plenty filling–I promise you’re going to love it!
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB CHILI
First, cook the onion, pepper and turkey in a large skillet or dutch oven until the turkey is no longer pink, then add the garlic and sauté for a few more minutes before adding in the spices.
Pour the tomatoes and tomato paste into the pot, reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
HOW TO THICKEN CHILI
To be honest, this chili is pretty thick on its own. It will thin out a bit the longer it simmers, but overall I’d consider it to be a thick chili recipe. If yours isn’t as thick as you want it to be, you can add an extra can of tomato paste.
CAN I MAKE LOW CARB CHILI IN THE CROCKPOT?
Yes! If you do choose to make it in your slow cooker, cook it on high for 3-4 hours, which should be enough time to fully cook the ground turkey.
CAN YOU FREEZE CHILI?
Yep! If you want to freeze the chili for leftovers, wait until chili cools a bit, then transfer it into freezer bags or plastic reusable containers. This chili recipe serves 2-4 people, so if you want to guarantee leftovers, you might want to consider doubling the recipe. Just a thought!
CHECK OUT THESE HEALTHY CHILI RECIPES
- Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
- Butternut Squash Chickpea Chili
- Easy Farro Chili
- Black Eyed Peas Beer Chili
- Butternut Squash Chili with Cauliflower
15 Minute Low Carb Chili (No Bean Chili)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion 1 cup, diced
- 1 greep pepper diced with seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans 14 oz. each diced tomatoes, fire roasted
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- Heat oil in the bottom of a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat; then, add the turkey, onion and pepper and cook until turkey is no longer pink. Then, add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt and stir until turkey is coated in the spices. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, place a lid on the skillet, reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Eat as-is, or top with yogurt, cheese and/or jalapeño peppers and enjoy!