This Vegan Burrito Bowl is the homemade version of your favorite Chipotle bowl. It’s made with cilantro lime brown rice then topped with sautéed vegetables, beans and avocado for a healthy and delicious veggie-forward meal.
Who doesn’t love a burrito bowl? This vegan burrito bowl is JUST like the vegan-friendly bowl from Chipotle. Speaking of Chipotle, every year my dad gets Miguel a Chipotle gift card for his birthday and it tends to last us a few months (best gift ever!). I still remember being SO excited when I realized Chipotle made bowls. See, when I first tried Chipotle, everyone at school (I’m talking way back in high school) talked about the burritos. I had one, and it was good, but also very messy.
These days, burrito bowls are my jam, not only because they’re not as messy, but they’re filling in the healthiest of ways. But, making your own burrito bowl at home is surprisingly simple, and the toppings are easy to customize.
WHY YOU NEED THIS VEGAN BURRITO BOWL
- Think of this as the homemade version of your favorite Chipotle burrito bowl
- The toppings are easy to customize based on what ingredients you want and/or have on hand
BURRITO BOWL INGREDIENTS
- Rice: brown or cilantro lime
- Beans: black or pinto
- Fajita veggies: peppers and onion
- Vegan yogurt
HOW TO MAKE A VEGAN BURRITO BOWL
Cook the rice; heat the beans and corn: Cook the rice over the stovetop as you normally would. At the same time, heat the corn and the beans over the stove for a few minutes until they’re warmed to your liking.
Sauté the peppers and onions: In a large skillet, add a little bit of oil, along with the sliced peppers and onions. Sprinkle them with chipotle seasoning then sauté for a few minutes until they’re soft.
Add the toppings: Toppings include but are not limited to avocado, salsa, cilantro, plain vegan yogurt, guacamole, guacamole salsa
Rice: I used brown rice in this recipe, but cilantro lime brown rice would be AMAZING if you want to take it up a notch
Beans/Corn: If you don’t have beans and/or corn, you can use rinsed chickpeas instead. They’ll add a punch of protein and they pair well with the other ingredients
OTHER AMAZING VEGAN RECIPES
Vegan Burrito Bowl
- 1 cup brown rice cooked*
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2 bell peppers sliced with seeds removed
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced
- 1/4 tsp chipotle seasoning
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Salsa for topping
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions. In a separate saucepan, cook the corn and then the beans.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet, then add the peppers and onion. Sprinkle with chipotle seasoning, then cook until peppers and onion are soft.
- To assemble: place rice in a large bowl, then top with peppers/onion mixture, corn and beans. Top the bowl with avocado, cilantro and your favorite salsa.