These 10-minute meatless meatballs are secretly meat-free and served with shelled edamame and marinara sauce for a complete vegetarian-friendly meal!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ALDI USA. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help keep this site running!
Is there anything better than a 10 minute meal? No, no there isn’t. As much as I love to cook, I’m also pretty lazy when it comes to cooking weeknight dinners. I think there are moments when it’s normal and fun to spend all day cooking. Really, I do. However, those moments are NOT during the week. Weeknight meals should be quick, easy and healthy, like this 10 minute meatballs with edamame recipe, for example.
Do you guys shop at ALDI? If so, what’s your favorite thing about it? For me, I love how affordable it is and the fact that they sell PLENTY of organic groceries. ALDI recently launched their largest product refresh ever, meaning there are now a TON of fresh new products to try. I had an opportunity to go shopping and check everything out, and I’m sharing a few of my favorites with you in this recipe.
Miguel and I tend to have pasta night once a week. While I’m a huge fan of using regular pasta and gluten free noodles, I also love using a VEGETABLE in place of those noodles. In this case, I used Season’s Choice shelled edamame. I’ve always been a fan of edamame—it kind of reminds me of lima beans (which I frequently ate while growing up) but with a better texture—and I really love pairing it with pasta-like ingredients, such as meatballs and marinara sauce.
But here’s a secret: those meatballs are actually VEGAN meatless meatballs!! Miguel couldn’t believe it! I said “how do you like the meatballs?” and he replied that they were “really good”. Then I told him they were vegan and he was like “REALLY?!"
Do yourself a favor: visit your local ALDI store and check out all their new products and goodies. You won’t regret it!
10 Minute Meatless Meatballs with Edamame
- 15 Earth Grown Meatless Meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups Simply-Nature Organic Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 bag 16 oz. Season's Choice Shelled Edamame
- 1/4 cup Happy Farms Swiss and Gruyere Specialty Shreds
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Stonemill Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh basil ALDI now has this in store! for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, place edamame in a medium saucepan and cover it with water. Bring water to a boil then boil the edamame for 5-6 minutes, or until edamame is cooked.
- In a separate small saucepan, heat sauce over medium-low heat.
- To assemble: place edamame on a plate and top it with the meatballs. Cover everything with sauce, then sprinkle cheese and red pepper flakes. Add basil if desired.