Welcome to The Almond Eater
Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here. This site focuses on diet-friendly recipes, so whether you’re vegan, gluten free, or doing your first Whole30, The Almond Eater has got you covered. I’m all about quick, healthy recipes, because between you and me, I’d rather spend more time with my family and friends and less time in the kitchen (just saying!).
I’m a self-taught cook who loves experimenting with flavors and ways to make classic recipes a little bit healthier. Personally, I love creating quick dinner recipes and healthier desserts best, but you can find ALL kinds of recipes here.
On this site, you’ll find recipes that are:
- Gluten free
- Mediterranean Diet
- Dairy free
note: some of my older recipes aren’t as healthy, but I promise they’re all delicious!
Most popular recipes
- Overall: Mini Dog Birthday Cake
- Vegan: Lentil Bolognese
- Gluten free: Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies
- Whole30: Banh Mi Bowl
- Paleo: Italian Chicken Meatballs
- Vegetarian: Caramelized Onion Spaghetti Squash
- Mediterranean Diet: Eggplant Parmesan
- Dairy free: Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Hi, I’m Erin — author, photographer and content creator behind this site. In 2014, I was working a less than thrilling job, so I decided to start The Almond Eater as a hobby. Fast forward, and it’s now my full time job.
I believe every BODY is different, and therefore certain diets work differently for people. As people evolve, so do their diets, and I know what it’s like to experiment with foods that make you feel good vs. foods that don’t. I’m here to create recipes for anyone and everyone looking to feel their best while eating incredibly delicious food.
Many health sites claim the Mediterranean Diet to be the “healthiest diet”. While I’m not here to say whether or not that’s true, I am here to say that I’ve tried it, and I do think it’s the most sustainable way of eating. Want to learn more? Download my Mediterranean Diet Guide.
Other fun facts:
- I currently live in Pittsburgh with my husband and our dog, Layla
- I’m addicted to iced coffee–lattes, cold brew, bulletproof coffee–I love all of it
- Favorite foods: avocado, eggs, sweet potato, kale, salmon, ice cream
- Least favorite foods: mustard and pickles (I never use them in recipes because I can’t even stand the smell!)