Hi! I’m Erin, author of The Almond Eater, a site where I share healthy, delicious and good-for-you recipes.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND ON THE ALMOND EATER
Welcome to The Almond Eater! Here, you’ll find plenty of diet-specific recipes, like vegan, mediterranean diet and Whole30-friendly recipes. My focus is on quick+healthy food, because eating healthy shouldn’t be complicated.
WHY I FOLLOW THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET
After suffering from migraines and joint pain, I decided to take matters into my own hands and follow the Mediterranean Diet. I’m not a huge fan of diets in general–they tend to feel very restrictive–but I’ve found that the Mediterranean Diet is the least diet-y of all the diets.
A little more about me…
- I reside in Pittsburgh with my husband and dog
- I absolutely love grocery shopping (anyone else?!)
- I’m addicted to iced coffee–lattes, cold brew, bulletproof coffee–I love all of it
- Favorite foods: avocado toast (that’s a food in itself, right?), eggs, roasted chickpeas, kale, salmon
- Least favorite foods: mustard and pickles (I never use them in recipes because I can’t even stand the smell!)