Hi! I’m Erin, author of The Almond Eater, a food blog where I share my love for healthy, delicious and easy-to-make recipes. Welcome!
What you’ll find on The Almond Eater
This site focuses on diet-friendly recipes, so whether you’re vegan, gluten free, or doing your first Whole30, The Almond Eater has got you covered. I’m all about quick, healthy recipes, because between you and me, I’d rather spend more time with my family and friends and less time in the kitchen (just saying!).
I’m a self-taught cook who loves experimenting with flavors and ways to make classic recipes a little bit healthier.
Popular recipes include:
- Caramelized Onion Spaghetti Squash
- Lentil Bolognese
- Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies
- Mini Dog Birthday Cake — because dogs deserve cake on their special day, too!
- Banh Mi Bowls
- Easy Vegan Ramen
A little more about me…
In 2017, I started experiencing almost daily migraines for the first time. Along with conventional medicine, I started experimenting with dietary changes (still am!) to minimize them. In 2019, I committed to the Mediterranean Diet, and though I didn’t notice drastic changes with my headaches, the diet did help me significantly curb my sugar cravings (yes really!). If you want to learn more about it, you can download my free guide here.
I believe every BODY is different, and therefore different diets work for everyone. As people evolve, so do their diets, and I know what it’s like to experiment with foods that make you feel good vs. foods that don’t. I’m here to create recipes for anyone and everyone looking to feel their best while eating incredibly delicious food.
Currently, I eat mostly gluten, but I’m always adjusting my diet to best fit my needs.
Other fun facts:
- I currently live in Pittsburgh with my husband and our dog, Layla
- I’m addicted to iced coffee–lattes, cold brew, bulletproof coffee–I love all of it
- Favorite foods: avocado, eggs, sweet potato, kale, salmon, ice cream, popcorn
- Least favorite foods: mustard and pickles (I never use them in recipes because I can’t even stand the smell!)