This vegan roasted red pepper pasta is made with jarred roasted red peppers and the sauce only takes five minutes to prepare!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Oatly. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!
Raise your hand if you’ve tried roasted red pepper pasta. ….no? I hadn’t either, but ever since making this vodka rigatoni, I’ve been on a huge “make your own sauce” kick, and I don’t just mean marinara sauce. Homemade roasted red pepper sauce is SO fresh and is ready in around—wait for it—FIVE MINUTES. So basically you have to make it now.
I’ve partnered with my friends over at Oatly to bring you this recipe and I couldn’t be more excited. I first tried Oatly back in 2017, and I still get giddy when I see it popping up in stores. If you haven’t tried it, Oatly is a plant-based milk made from oats. In my opinion, oats have a pretty neutral taste, so it’s easy to use in virtually any recipe where you’d normally use milk.
VEGAN RED PEPPER PASTA INGREDIENTS
- your favorite pasta
- a jar of roasted red peppers (peppers only)
- raw cashews
- Oatly oatmilk
- olive oil
- nutritional yeast
- red pepper flakes
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA
This recipe starts like most pasta dishes in that you want to begin by making the pasta. Bring water to a boil then cook the pasta until it’s al dente. Drain it, then pour the pasta back into the pot.
For the sauce, you’re going to heat the minced garlic in a saucepan for 1-2 minutes, and then transfer it into a blender, along with the remaining ingredients (except the basil). Then, pulse for one full minute or until the sauce is creamy and smooth. If you don’t own a high-power blender, use your food processor instead.
To heat the sauce, pour it back into the saucepan you used to heat the garlic and warm it up to your liking. Last, pour the pasta into the saucepan and stir until it’s coated with sauce. Alternatively, you can pour the sauce over the pasta and stir it that way.
The very last step is to add chopped basil. This might seem like a step to skip, but don’t! The basil pairs so well with the roasted red peppers, so it’s an absolute must.
I didn’t include any add-ins as I wanted to keep this recipe super simple, but if you happen to have one or more of the following ingredients, feel free to throw them in:
- grape tomatoes
OTHER VEGAN RECIPESPrint
Creamy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This roasted red pepper pasta is super fresh, vegan-friendly and the sauce can be made in just 5 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb. pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 jar (16 oz.) roasted red peppers, peppers only
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup Oatly oatmilk
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then cook pasta until it’s done. Drain pasta, then pour it back into the pot.
- For the sauce: heat 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic cloves in a large saucepan and cook garlic for 1-2 minutes. Transfer garlic and olive oil to a blender, then add the remaining sauce ingredients except the basil to the blender and pulse for 1 minute or until the sauce is smooth and creamy. If you don’t own a high-power blender, use a food processor instead.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, or pour the pasta into the saucepan with the sauce and stir to combine. Before serving, distribute pasta onto plates, then sprinkle with fresh basil and red pepper flakes.
Keywords: red pepper pasta, vegan pasta