Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Bacon Parmesan Pasta is made with plenty of cheese, garlic and yes, bacon too and it comes together in under 20 minutes!
….because sometimes you just need some bacon parmesan in your life. This bacon pasta is creamy, cheesy and is impossible to NOT enjoy.
Admittedly, this is one of my not-so-healthy recipes, but oh my gosh is it good! I will not apologize for the deliciousness of this bacon pasta, and I highly recommend you make it for yourself or your family ASAP.
- The creamiest pasta that just so happens to be filled with bacon and cheese
- Ready in under 20 minutes, making is the perfect weeknight meal
- Serve it with a simple side salad and you have yourself a complete meal!
Pasta – any kind, though I tend to opt for long noodles like spaghetti or bucatini; can use gluten free
Bacon – can sub pancetta
Cheese – parmesan; shaved or freshly grated
First: Cook the bacon in a large skillet, then use a slotted spoon to remove it and set it aside. At the same time, cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water as you normally would.
Second: In the same skillet, heat the butter and olive oil, then sauté the garlic for 2-3 minutes before adding the water and slowly stirring in the shredded parmesan cheese until it’s melted, which should create almost like a cheese sauce.
Third: Add one piece of crumbled bacon to the skillet, then transfer the cooked pasta to it and use tongs to coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Use high quality parmesan, preferably freshly grated, which will melt easiest in the skillet
- Want to keep this vegetarian? Sub mushrooms, grape tomatoes or even my tempeh bacon instead
How should this be stored?
Honestly, because of the creaminess of the sauce, this pasta is best served fresh, and doesn’t taste nearly as good the next day. So, my recommendation is to eat it day-of.
More pasta recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Garlic Bacon Pasta
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles or pasta of choice
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup pasta water
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta over stovetop as you normally would.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet, then use a slotted spoon to remove it, leaving the bacon grease in the skillet and leaving the skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil and butter to the skillet. Once butter has melted, add the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add the water and HALF of the parmesan cheese and stir until cheese has melted; then, stir in the rest of the cheese. Turn heat down to low and add the salt and pepper and TWO pieces of cooked bacon into the skillet and stir.
- Next, add the pasta into the skillet and use tongs until the pasta is coated with the sauce. If the sauce seems to be getting too hot, remove the skillet from the heat (you want the sauce to thicken a bit but you don’t want the cheese to burn!).
- To serve: place pasta on a plate, top it with extra salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and the remaining cooked bacon (and extra shredded parmesan, if you wish).
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in April 2018. It was updated with new text and photos in November 2020.