Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Bacon Parmesan Pasta is made with plenty of cheese, olive oil and yes, bacon too and it comes together in under 20 minutes.
….because sometimes you just need some bacon parm in your life.
Also! Thank you for your kind messages on my last post. Your comments and Instagram messages made me feel better about everything, and it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who’s experienced this. I’ve said it before, but you guys are THE BEST.
One thing you have to know about this pasta (not my headaches) is that it is restaurant quality. What I mean by that is that it’s zero percent healthy and ONE HUNDRED PERCENT delicious. Ok what I really really really mean by that is that I used butter. Like, kind of a lot of butter. I think it’s because I’ve been cooking from Jessica’s book, which has inspired me to use butter when I want something to taste out of this world. Like, DUH right? Of course I should use butter! But sometimes I forget to use butter or just end up using an excessive amount of olive oil instead.
But not in this bacon parmesan pasta. Nope. Butter it is.
The sauce for this pasta is a combination of butter, olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese, then you add in the cooked bacon. It’s ridiculous in the best (or maybe worst depending on who you are) way possible. Add some salt, add some pepper and you’re in pasta heaven! True life right after I got done taking these photos, I sat on the floor and ate this pasta—no, shoved my face with this pasta—like the glamorous person I am. I couldn’t help myself. Typically I wait for Miguel to get home, but with this I just couldn’t wait.
If you need an indulgent pasta that’s sure to please—this is it!! Also, if bacon isn’t your thing, sub cherry tomatoes instead! Or literally anything else, really.
- 12 oz. spaghetti pasta noodles or pasta of choice
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes or more to taste
- Cook pasta over stovetop as you normally would.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet, then set bacon aside leaving the bacon grease in the skillet and leaving the skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil and butter to the skillet. Once butter has melted, add the garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add the water and HALF of the parmesan cheese and stir until cheese has melted; then, stir in the rest of the cheese. Turn heat down to low and add the salt and pepper and crumble up ONE piece of bacon into the skillet and stir.
- Next, add the pasta into the skillet and use tongs until the pasta is coated with the sauce. If the sauce seems to be getting too hot, remove the skillet from the heat (you want the sauce to thicken a bit but you don't want the cheese to burn!).
- To serve: place pasta on a plate, top it with extra salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and the remaining piece of cooked bacon (and extra shredded parmesan, if you wish).