This Cold Brew Tahini Mousse combines whipping cream, tahini and cold brew coffee to create this silky smooth dessert recipe.
Thaaaaat’s right! COLD BREW TAHINI MOUSSE. I don’t even know how this combo popped into my brain, but as soon as it did, I knew I had to write it down so I wouldn’t forget. …..that was over a year ago, meaning I waited over a year to create and share this recipe.
See, I have an entire document filled with recipe ideas, and often times I just pick and choose recipes to create. However, sometimes nothing jumps out at me—when that happens, I start coming up with new ideas. Last week though, I looked over the document very closely, making sure not to skip over anything, and whaddaya know—this cold brew tahini mousse definitely jumped out at me.
Hands down my favorite thing about mousse is the texture. Ohhhhh the silky smooth texture! I love it. Rather than forcing a below average tasting healthier version of this recipe, I opted to simply using whipping cream. BEST DECISION EVER. Because, texture.
Reasons you need to make this recipe:
1. It involves tahini, and tahini is TRENDY. It’s also really tasty and good for you sooooo… bonus!
2. COLD BREW. Need I say more? You can make your own (I love using this tutorial), or you can buy already made cold brew at the store, which is what I did #lazy.
And, if you’re feeling bold, you can add some chopped chocolate on top and—if you have some on hand—a sprinkle of espresso powder. YUM.Print
Cold Brew Tahini Mousse
- Author: Erin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 1/2 tbsp cold brew coffee
- Pinch of salt
- Begin by whisking the cream together until stiff peaks form, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Next, add sugar, tahini, cold brew, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Distribute mousse into glasses and place them in the refrigerator for 1 hour, allowing the mousse to firm up.
- Top with chopped chocolate and/or espresso powder (optional) and enjoy!