Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta is made using zucchini noodles and gluten free pasta and is flavored with pancetta and mushrooms, making this a healthy and filling gluten free pasta recipe.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by California Sun Dry. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help me run this site!
Everyone loves pesto, especially when that pesto is paired with pasta! For the past few months, I’ve shared several sun-dried tomato recipes, like this frittata and this chicken, but this pasta may just be my favorite one yet.
See, as much as I love cooking, I really love taking short cuts, which is why I opted to use California Sun Dry sun-dried tomato pesto in this recipe. First of all, it’s delicious and second of all, it’s convenient. It’s a win-win, really.
Let’s walk through how to make this recipe..
PESTO PASTA INGREDIENTS
This pasta recipe uses both zucchini noodles and gluten free pasta noodles because personally, I enjoy the combination of flavors and textures, plus zucchini noodles are such an easy way to add vegetables to a dish.
- Gluten free pasta noodles (I used quinoa pasta)
- California Sun Dry Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
HOW TO MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA
Since we’re using high-quality jarred pesto, this recipe is even quicker to prepare!
Start by cooking the pasta over the stove as you normally would. The pasta is optional, but I love adding a little bit of regular (or in this case, gluten free) pasta noodles to zucchini noodle dishes for some oomph. Next, spiralize the zucchini and set it aside. (NOTE: This is the spiralizer I own and I LOVE it).
Add the pancetta and mushrooms to a skillet and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the pancetta is cooked. At this point you should add the zucchini noodles to the skillet and toss them for 2-3 minutes. The key is to warm them up a bit but you don’t want to cook them for too long or else they’ll get soggy. If you decided to make pasta, add the cooked pasta noodles to the skillet them remove the skillet from the heat.
Add the sun-dried tomato pesto and use kitchen tongs to toss everything together. …and that’s it! It’s an easy and healthy weeknight recipe that even carb lovers will adore.
Noodles: I think zucchini works really well with pesto, but you could also use sweet potato noodles. Or, if you’re not gluten free, add in some regular pasta along with the spiralized vegetable noodles!
Pancetta: Could use bacon instead OR tempeh to keep this vegetarian.
Parmesan: Any sort of Italian cheese works (think: asiago/pecorino/etc.). Alternatively, you can omit the cheese if you prefer.
OTHER HEALTHY PASTA RECIPES
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 2 zucchini
- .25 lb. gluten free pasta (optional)
- 4 oz. pancetta
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup California Sun Dry sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- If you're adding pasta to this dish, cook the pasta over the stove as you normally would.
- Meanwhile, run the zucchini through your spiralizer then set aside.
- Add pancetta and mushrooms to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the pancetta is cooked. Add the zucchini noodles to the skillet and use tongs to toss them for 2-3 minutes. You want the noodles to be warm but not soggy.
- Remove skillet from the heat, then add the regular pasta noodles into the skillet. Last, add the pesto and use kitchen tongs to combine everything together.
- Transfer pasta into bowls then top with cheese. Enjoy!