Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Switch up your breakfast routine by trying one of these easy vegan breakfast recipes! This list includes both sweet and savory recipes, many of which you can prep the night before or quickly in the morning.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I don’t know about you, but sometimes I find myself eating the exact same thing for breakfast every morning. Let’s call it a breakfast rut. Whatever it is, it can last for days or weeks or months, but not anymore! This post is here to inspire you to start the day with something different than your usual oatmeal.
See, when people think of traditional breakfast food, they tend to think of eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. But what if you don’t want meat or dairy for breakfast? It really shouldn’t be that complicated, but sometimes it is. Well, not anymore! I’ve rounded up 15 of my favorite Almond Eater vegan breakfast recipes to inspire you to try something new (and dairy free!) for breakfast.
EASY VEGAN BREAKFAST RECIPES
1) No Bake Breakfast Cookies – Sometimes, you just need cookies for breakfast! These breakfast cookies are made with banana, nut butter and oats, and can be customized to your liking with a variety of different healthy add-ins. The best part? They’re ready in under 10 minutes and can be eaten for breakfast, dessert or as an afternoon snack!
2) Pesto Smashed Potatoes – Let’s be honest, potatoes are perfect ANY time of day! These potatoes are delicious on their own or would pair perfectly with avocado and sautéed spinach or kale.
3) The BEST Vegan Banana Bread – I wouldn’t call it the “best” if I didn’t believe it! I tested this recipe several times to get the perfect taste and texture, and friends, this is it. Take it to the next level by adding a slab of vegan butter– you won’t regret it!
4) Cinnamon Raisin Granola – This is my go-to granola recipe because it tastes like a cinnamon raisin cookie. Think: oats, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, and maple syrup all combined into one healthy granola recipe that’s delicious on its own, on top of plant-based yogurt or with dairy free milk–YUM.
5) Coconut Chia Pudding – If you’re a coconut fan, you’ll LOVE this recipe. Personally, I like chia pudding because I can make it the night before, place it in the refrigerator and sleep well knowing that breakfast will be ready for me first thing in the morning! Oh, and did I mention this pudding is topped with caramelized bananas?!
6) Morning Glory Muffins – You know those mornings when you need a healthy grab-and-go breakfast? Insert: muffins. These morning glory muffins are made with whole wheat flour and filled with raisins and nuts, aka all the good stuff!
7) Almond Butter Baked Oatmeal Cups – These oatmeal cups are positively addicting! I love them for breakfast, especially because they’re easy to prep ahead and make for a healthy grab-and-go breakfast option.
8) Quinoa Breakfast Bowl – As much as I love eating quinoa for dinner, it’s also really good when paired with cinnamon and maple syrup. This recipe is prepped similarly to oatmeal, but it has more protein, aka you won’t be hungry for lunch at 10 am. Pro tip: add sliced almonds and fresh fruit on top for added texture and flavor.
9) Cinnamon Blueberry Rice Pudding – This recipe is just like traditional rice pudding but with the addition of blueberry compote. Blueberries pair perfectly with cinnamon in this must-try breakfast recipe (that you can make the night before!).
10) Peanut Butter Waffles – Fact: peanut butter and maple syrup is the best combination. These waffles are egg-free, so whether you’re vegan or simply have an egg allergy or sensitivity, you can still enjoy waffles on a Saturday morning!
11) Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats – Cinnamon and chocolate is an underrated combination, in my opinion, but these oats seriously couldn’t be easier. Prep ’em the night before and breakfast is ready in the morning!
12) Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie – Quite possibly my favorite smoothie recipe EVER, mostly because it tastes like a Reese peanut butter cup but it’s guilt-free.
13) Vegan Cinnamon Rolls – I’ve made this recipe at least 8 times so I can assure you these are both easy and delicious. This recipe requires a little more work, but they’re well worth the wait. Plus, they’re topped with a sweet maple-y glaze.
14) Skillet Roasted Potatoes – Why make potatoes in the oven when you make them even more quickly in a skillet?! I love oven roasted potatoes, but sometimes you just don’t have time for all of that. Buy the smaller-sized potatoes and roast them in a skillet in under 10 minutes!
15) Chocolate Gingerbread Granola – This granola is basically the perfect holiday-flavored breakfast! If you like gingerbread, you need this granola in your life because it’s gingerbread-flavored but with the addition of chocolate chips. Woo!
Hopefully you’ve found a few recipes from this list to add to your “must make” list! The majority of them are easy recipes that you can make the night before or quickly in the morning, with a few slightly more time intensive recipes that’d be perfect for the weekend.
If you make a recipe, please leave a comment and/or a review. Thanks!