Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Vegan Banana Bread recipe is incredibly moist and filled with walnuts for added texture. It's made with all purpose flour and dairy free butter, making it the perfect breakfast or snack.
This vegan banana bread is my new favorite! I know what you're thinking: do we really need another banana bread recipe? Honestly? Probably not, but I realized I had an almond banana bread recipe and a paleo banana bread recipe, but I didn't have a vegan-friendly one and I figured that ought to change.
As much as I hate the word, this bread is incredibly moist. Not in a gross way, but in an oh-my-gosh-can't-stop-eating kind of way. The hardest part was waiting for the bread to cool off before slicing. There's a chance I didn't wait and that's why my slices look a little... uneven... but it was worth it.
WHY THIS IS THE BEST VEGAN BANANA BREAD
- It's super banana-y and filled with walnuts for added texture
- It's made with all purpose flour and dairy free butter, so you know it's good
- The whole recipe comes together in about an hour!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BANANA BREAD
Make the flax eggs: When I recipe calls for flax eggs, it's a good idea to make them first, which will allow time for the flax eggs to actually form. Combine flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl, stir, then wait 5-10 minutes for the flaxseed to absorb the water.
Mash the bananas: The riper the bananas, the easier they'll be to mash. I use to use a fork to mash bananas, but a potato masher works too.
Cream butter and sugar: This is vegan banana bread, so make sure to use dairy free butter. Then, use an electric or stand mixer to cream the butter and sugar together.
Fold in the walnuts: The last step is to fold in the walnuts. I like to use a stand mixer to make the bread batter, then use a spatula to fold in the walnuts. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, but feel free to add 3/4 cup if that's more to your liking.
VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE THIS BREAD:
HOW LONG DOES THIS BREAD LAST?
Banana bread should last for up to 3 days at room temperature. Or, you can wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze it for up to 3 months.
HOW TO FREEZE BANANA BREAD
- Wait for the banana bread to fully cool before freezing
- Wrap sliced banana bread in plastic wrap, then place it into a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months
DELICIOUS BANANA RECIPES
Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1/2 cup butter dairy free
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Start by making the flax eggs: stir flaxseed meal and water together then set aside for 5-10 minutes or until the flaxseed has absorbed the water.
- Next, use a fork to mash the bananas into the bottom of a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together; then, add the bananas, vanilla and flax eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the same bowl and stir to combine, then stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Grease a bread pan with coconut oil, then pour batter into the pan and bake bread for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Wait 10 minutes before running a knife along the edges, then carefully inverting the bread onto a cooling rack. Wait until bread cools completely before slicing.