Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These vegan morning glory muffins are made with whole wheat flour, shredded apples and carrots and walnuts for texture and flavor.
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with Diamond Nuts. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help run this site!
You know what time of the year it is—it’s vegan morning glory muffins time! Oh that sounds so cheesy, but it really is. Muffins are such an easy grab-and-go breakfast, and even better when they’re loaded with fruit and veggies like these ones.
MORNING GLORY MUFFIN INGREDIENTS
- whole wheat flour
- flax eggs
- maple syrup
- Diamond of California Heirloom Nut+Fruit Blend
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN MORNING GLORY MUFFINS
Make the flax eggs: Flax eggs are the key ingredient in these muffins. Normal muffins call for regular eggs, but in order to keep these vegan, we’ll be using flax eggs instead. One flax egg is 1 tbsp flaxseed meal+2 1/2 tbsp water, and this recipe calls for 3 flax eggs. So in total, you’ll combine 3 tbsp flaxseed meal and 7 1/2 tbsp water, stir them together and wait 5-10 minutes until the flaxseed has absorbed the water, creating an egg-like texture.
Combine dry ingredients: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Combine wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix the milk, syrup and vanilla together, then add the flax eggs. In that same bowl, you’ll grate the apple and carrots into that bowl and fold them in with a spatula before combining the wet and dry ingredients.
Fruit+nuts: I used Diamond of California Nut+Fruit Heirloom Blend for added texture. The Heirloom Blend comes in a few varieties, and I opted for the walnut blend, but any of them would work! You’ll just need to chop the nuts up so they’re a bit smaller than full-size.
OTHER ALMOND EATER MUFFIN RECIPES
Whole Wheat Vegan Morning Glory Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 flax eggs*
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Walnut Heirloom Nut+Fruit Blend chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Make the flax eggs and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add milk, syrup and vanilla to the bowl and stir to combine; then, add flax eggs.
- Last, fold in the shredded apple, carrots and half of the nuts.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners, then divide the batter evenly and sprinkle leftover nut mixture on top. Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.