These Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies are made with just 4 ingredients and are a healthy paleo, vegan-friendly dessert that everyone will enjoy! They’re super moist and you can’t even taste the sweet potato.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s sweet potato brownies. …Just kidding. If there’s one thing I really love, it’s recipes with just 4 ingredients, and recipes that don’t leave you feeling guilty afterward. These sweet potato brownies are actually good for you because sweet potatoes are the main ingredient and they’re made with zero refined sugar.
Here’s the thing: I don’t crave sugar nearly as much as I used to. But, when I do, I prefer things that are sweetened with maple syrup/honey/dates rather than a ton of sugar. I know it sounds insane, but it’s true. These sweet potato brownies are fudgy and moist and loaded with chocolate so you can’t even taste the sweet potato!
WHY THESE SWEET POTATO BROWNIES ARE THE BEST
- They’re made with just 4 ingredients
- The main ingredient is sweet potato, so they really are healthy
- There’s no refined sugar–just maple syrup and almond butter
SWEET POTATO BROWNIE INGREDIENTS
- Sweet potato: 2 medium or 1 large
- Cocoa powder: Unsweetened
- Almond butter: Go for the most inexpensive creamy almond butter
- Maple syrup: I know it’s more expensive, but real maple syrup is going to make these taste even better (by “real” maple syrup, I mean syrup with no additives)
HOW TO MAKE FLOURLESS SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
Cook the sweet potatoes: Use a fork to pierce several holes into the sweet potatoes, then place them on a microwave-safe dish and cook for 6-7 minutes until they’re soft. Then, slice them down the middle and wait a few minutes for them to cool off before scooping out the sweet potato and discarding the skins. After that, use a potato masher to mash the sweet potatoes until they’re no longer lumpy (or as best you can) and scoop the potato mash into a 1 cup measuring cup, because that’s how much you’ll need.
Whisk ingredients together: Start by whisking the syrup and almond butter together, then add the cocoa and last, stir in the mashed sweet potato. At this point, you can fold a handful of chocolate chips into the batter as well.
Line or grease baking dish: Everyone has their own preferred method on whether to grease a baking dish or line it with parchment paper. Personally, I like using coconut oil to grease the baking dish, but either method works!
ARE THESE BROWNIES VEGAN AND/OR PALEO?
Yes! They’re vegan because there’s no eggs in them, and they’re paleo because there’s no flour or refined sugar. These brownies are going to be LESS sweet than traditional brownies because they only use maple syrup as the sweetener, so if you want them to be sweeter you can add 2 tbsp coconut sugar OR simply add more chopped chocolate.
HOW SHOULD I STORE THESE BROWNIES?
You should store these flourless brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or, you can cover and freeze them for up to 3 months.
OTHER VEGAN/GLUTEN FREE DESSERT RECIPES
- Banana Nice Cream
- Berry Rhubarb Crisp
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies
- Homemade Nutella
- Raw Vegan Nutella Cupcakes
Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 cup, mashed)
- 1 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Use a fork to poke holes into the sweet potatoes, then place them on a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 6-7 minutes until soft. Then, slice them down the center and wait a few minutes for them to cool off before scooping out the sweet potato flesh and discarding the skin. Alternatively, you can peel and roast the sweet potato in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Use a potato masher to mash the cooked sweet potato and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond butter and syrup together; then, add the cocoa and the mashed sweet potato. Last, stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper (or grease with coconut oil) and pour batter into the pan. Bake brownies for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait 20 minutes before cutting the brownies and enjoy!