Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Chocolate Gingerbread Granola is a tasty way to start the day! It uses spices like cinnamon and nutmeg and combines then with molasses and maple syrup to make the most delicious gingerbread granola recipe.
Find me someone who doesn't love granola. Honestly, it's impossible because granola is the best, and this gingerbread granola is the perfect thing to have in the house to get you in the winter spirit. It clumps up nicely, and the chocolate chips melt in the oven and then combine seamlessly with the gingerbread.
I know most people love granola on top of yogurt, but personally, I love eating it with milk like cereal. ....Probably because cereal reminds me of my childhood, so what better cereal to have during the holidays than gingerbread kind?!
WHY THIS GRANOLA IS THE BEST
- It clumps up once you bake it, and we all know granola clumps are the best part of any granola recipe
- The only thing better than gingerbread is gingerbread with chocolate
- It's delicious on its own, with milk or on top of yogurt
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD GRANOLA
Granola is pretty fool-proof in my opinion, but let's go through how to properly make this recipe.
First, combine the dry ingredients--oats, cinnamon, ginger, all spice, and nutmeg--together in a bowl and then set that bowl to the side. Make sure to use rolled oats/old fashioned oats and NOT quick oats.
In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil, then add the maple syrup, molasses and vanilla extract and whisk everything together before pouring the wet ingredients over top of the dry ingredients and using a spoon to mix them together, making sure the oats are completely coated. Last, stir in the chocolate chips.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, then pour the granola on top, making sure it's evenly spread out. Bake the granola for 20 minutes or so, then remove it from the oven and wait 5-10 minutes for it to cool, which will help harden the granola and allow it to break into chunks. At this point, the chocolate will have melted, so it will combine nicely with the gingerbread flavor.
HOW TO STORE GINGERBREAD GRANOLA
Store this granola (and any granola, really), in a container at room temperature. I kept mine in the glass container pictured above for two weeks and it was perfectly fine, but you can also store it in an air-tight container.
OTHER TASTY GRANOLA RECIPES
Chocolate Gingerbread Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour oats into a large bowl and add cinnamon, ginger, all spice, and nutmeg.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil until it is a liquid. Add syrup, molasses and vanilla to that same bowl and stir to combine. Last, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread oats evenly out onto the sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven, sprinkle granola with salt and wait 5-10 minutes before breaking up and enjoying!