Coconut chia pudding that’s made with coconut milk and shredded coconut then topped with caramelized bananas. It’s 4 ingredients and can be made in just 5 minutes and is full of fiber!
Sometimes I hate calling things my favorite, but this chia pudding made with coconut milk is my FAVORITE. Or maybe this almond butter chia pudding is…? This recipe uses FOUR types of coconut for the ultimate coconut-y flavor, kind of like this coconut cake. The way I see it, the more coconut the better.
I’ve always loved chia pudding: the texture is perfect, it can be made ahead of time, and it lasts for a few days in the refrigerator. For this recipe, you only need one can of coconut milk and it results in two servings of pudding, which is great.
COCONUT CHIA PUDDING INGREDIENTS
Coconut milk: I used canned full fat coconut milk, but lite should work ok.
Chia seeds: Black or white chia seeds will work in this recipe
Maple syrup: This pudding needs some sort of sweetener, so a little maple syrup OR honey goes a long way
Coconut: Since the recipe is sweetened with syrup, you don’t need to buy sweetened coconut, especially if you plan on making the caramelized bananas on top (which will add extra sweetness). Unsweetened shredded coconut works perfectly!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHIA PUDDING
- Whisk the wet ingredients: I like to use a hand whisk to stir the milk and syrup (or honey) together, then add the shredded coconut and mix until everything is smooth.
- Add the chia seeds last: Stir in the chia seeds and make sure they’re mixed in really well with the milk.
- Coconut milk to chia seed ratio: Generally speaking, I’ve found that for every 1 cup of liquid, you need 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour: This allows the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid, which is ultimately what you want in order to have the mixture go from liquid to more of a pudding-like solid.
WHAT FRUIT SHOULD I ADD?
1 100% recommend caramelized bananas — seriously, so good! Other fruit and/or toppings include: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pecans, walnuts, and almonds.
HOW DO I CARAMELIZE BANANAS?
In order to utilize as much coconut as possible, 1) use coconut oil to fry the bananas and 2) sprinkle the banana(s) with coconut sugar
OTHER CHIA SEED RECIPESPrint
Coconut Chia Pudding
This chia pudding recipes uses coconut milk as a base and is made with just 4 ingredients, and you can easily take it up a notch by adding coconut caramelized bananas.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: chia pudding
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp chia seeds
for the caramelized bananas:
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1–2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Whisk coconut milk and syrup together, then add the shredded coconut and stir; last, stir in the chia seeds.
- Divide the mixture into two cups/bowls and place them in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Before serving, make the bananas: head coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the sliced bananas. Sprinkle coconut sugar over top and cook the bananas for 1 minute or so, or until they’re soft and caramelized on the outside.
- Top chia pudding with the caramelized bananas and maybe some extra shredded coconut and/or nuts and enjoy!
Keywords: chia pudding, coconut chia pudding, chia pudding with coconut milk