These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are made with no breading, and are perfect for when you need something quick, easy and delicious for lunch or dinner!
No time to pan fry? Air fry instead! These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are juicy, perfectly seasoned, healthy, and the quickest dinner or snack ever. Don’t forget the chipotle aioli for dipping!
I made these chicken strips without any breadcrumbs or a messy coating to keep the naturally gluten free recipe as quick and simple as possible. Plus, since they’re made in the air fryer, they make for a delicious and healthy meal you can serve for dinners, lunches, or family-friendly snacks.
Once they’re cooked, layer the tenders over a loaded salad, cut them up for lettuce wraps, or pack them away for filling and healthy lunches. They’re the perfect protein to pair with broccoli, cauliflower rice, potato wedges, pasta, and more!
- All you need are simple seasonings to give the chicken BIG flavor.
- You won’t find any panko breadcrumbs, eggs, dairy, or flour in this naturally gluten free, paleo, and keto recipe.
- The crispy chicken tenders are ready to eat in just 20 minutes.
- Air frying always leaves you with juicy, tender, and crispy chicken without any excess oil.
- Chicken tenders - Boneless and skinless tenders are best. Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you want more!
- Seasonings - A simple mix of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper leaves the air fried tenders tasting savory and a little smoky.
Step 1: Season the chicken tenders. Pour the spice mixture over the chicken tenders in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
Step 2: Air fry the tenders. Next, lay the tenders in an even layer in your air fryer basket and cook. No flipping necessary!
Step 3: Serve and enjoy! Serve the tenders with your favorite dipping sauces or side dishes and enjoy!
Tips and FAQs
- If you don’t have an air fryer, use my pan fried chicken tenders recipe for just as delicious chicken.
- The tenders don’t need to be flipped in the air fryer as they cook.
- If you don’t have cooking spray, brush the chicken with a little olive oil before tossing them in the spices.
- The options are endless when it comes to dipping sauces. Dip the tenders in chipotle aioli, honey mustard sauce, ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, ketchup, plum sauce, sweet and sour, buffalo sauce, and more.
- Serving them as a meal? Layer the tenders over a salad or grain bowl, use them for a chicken sandwich, cut them up for lettuce wraps, or serve them on the side of french fries, air fried carrots, roasted potatoes, or salad.
How long do you air fry chicken tenders?
Chicken tenders need to be air fried at 380ºF for 14 minutes. This may vary depending on the air fryer you use. If you aren’t sure if they’re cooked through, use an instant read thermometer to measure the internal temperature (chicken is safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 165ºF).
Can you use frozen chicken tenders?
Absolutely! But, make sure the frozen tenders are thawed before you toss them in the seasonings.
Can you make chicken tenders ahead of time?
You can toss the chicken tenders in the seasonings and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours ahead of air frying.
Can you bake them instead?
Sure! Lay the seasoned tenders on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 400ºF for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Refrigerator: Keep the leftover cooked chicken in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Reheat the cooked chicken in the air fryer or oven to maintain the crispiness.
More air fryer chicken recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb. chicken tenders (approx. 7 tenders)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil spray or nonstick spray
- Place chicken tenders in a large bowl.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl, then pour the spice mixture over the chicken and use your hands to coat the chicken in the spices.
- Next, preheat your air fryer to 380° (this should take about 3 minutes).
- Spray your air fryer with olive oil spray (or nonstick spray). Place the chicken tenders in a single layer in your air fryer, spray them with a little olive oil spray then cook them at 380° for 14 minutes (no need to flip!).
- Serve with ketchup or chipotle aioli and enjoy!
Could this be done without an air fryer? If I were to bake it do you have recommendations for time and temperature in an oven? Thanks!!
Yes! Bake in the oven at 400 for 10-12 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165.
These were seriously SO good. My wife could not believe I didn’t use any breading. So quick and easy to make. We will be doing these again and again. The sauce was a must too!