Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These Roasted Red Potatoes are an easy weeknight side dish loaded with garlicky flavor! They're ready in just 30 minutes and a great way to switch it up from normal roasted potatoes.
Originally published: July 2014 // Updated: October 2019
Who doesn't love roasted potatoes?! We eat them at least once a week in our household, and roasted red potatoes are an easy way to switch it up.
Potatoes pair perfectly with so many things but are also delicious on their own. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
WHY THESE ROASTED RED POTATOES ARE SO GOOD
- They're loaded with garlic flavor and topped with breadcrumbs for added flavor and texture (though the breadcrumbs are optional if you want to keep these gluten free)
- They're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, aka the way all roasted potatoes should be
HOW TO ROAST RED POTATOES
Roasting potatoes is super easy, and red potatoes are no exception. When I first created this recipe back in 2014, I used garlic powder to flavor the potatoes. But, now that I'm older and slightly less lazy, I've found that using actual garlic makes a big difference and it only requires 1-2 minutes to mince it.
The first step is to cut the potatoes into wedges, or cubes as I like to say. You can decide how big or small you want them to be, but keep in mind that the larger you cut them, the longer they'll take to roast. I opted to keep the skins on because I feel like that's what makes red potatoes so tasty!
Once the potatoes are cut, you'll simply drizzle them with oil, then add the garlic, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper before pouring them out onto a baking sheet and roasting them. NOTE: if your baking sheets are older and no longer nonstick, make sure to add parchment paper to them first.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE POTATOES
- Make sure to wash the potatoes before you slice them to remove any unwanted dirt.
- Don't slice the potatoes too big; otherwise, they'll take longer to roast.
- Make sure the potatoes are slightly spread out on the baking sheet so they roast evenly.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH THESE POTATOES:
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 2 lb red potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Cut your potatoes into cubes and place them in a large bowl.
- Add oil, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place potatoes onto a baking sheet and into the oven for 25-30 minutes.