This Chipotle Aioli makes everything taste better! It's made with 5 ingredients, is ready in 5 minutes and pairs well with any sandwich, fries or roasted vegetables.
I can't believe it's taken me this long to share this chipotle aioli recipe! I am obsessed with chipotle-flavored things, which you probably already know if you've been reading this blog for any period of time.
This easy aioli is a great way to add chipotle flavoring to any meal that needs just a little something extra. It's also a great dip for things like brussels sprouts, steak bites, salmon burgers, or even on top of this halloumi lentil salad.
What is aioli?
The technical definition of aioli is "mayonnaise seasoned with garlic", or "garlic and oil", and it's often found in Mediterranean cuisine, from France to Spain to Italy.
Bon Appétit does a great job explaining it in depth if you want their take on it.
With that said, if you're not a huge fan of mayo, I urge you to give aioli a try. I know plenty of people who can't stand mayo, but love a good aioli because it's generally lighter in texture and more flavorful than mayonnaise.
Plain mayo is kind of "meh", but aioli makes everything taste better. Trust me!
Mayo - make sure to choose a QUALITY mayonnaise either made with avocado oil or a vegan mayo (or try my homemade avocado oil mayo)
Milk - ANY kind
Chipotle pepper - canned and in adobo sauce; you can find these in the Mexican food aisle near the jarred salsas
This recipe is SO easy it's almost embarrassing.
Add all of the ingredients to a small blender (like a NutriBullet) and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
Transfer aioli to a small bowl if eating right away, or to a jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
- Store aioli in a glass jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Don't own a blender? Follow these steps:
- Add mayo, milk, lemon juice, and salt to a bowl.
- Mince the garlic and chipotle pepper and add them to a bowl, then whisk everything together. Add more salt to taste.
Aioli pairs perfectly with:
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Spicy Lamb Meatballs
- Fried Tomatoes with Corn Salsa
- Easy Steak Bites
- Almost any kind of roasted vegetable (specifically thinking broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon milk any kind
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Add all ingredients to a small blender and blend until everything is combined. Add more salt to taste.
- If you don't own a small blender: whisk mayo, milk, lemon juice, and salt together in a bowl. Then, mince the garlic and chipotle pepper and add them to the bowl and stir everything together.