This Autumn Harvest Bowl is warm, comforting and filled with healthy ingredients. The base is made with arugula and it’s topped with quinoa, sweet potatoes and goat cheese, along with a delicious maple-tahini dressing for tons of flavor!
Bowl food is the best food, and this autumn harvest bowl is perfect this time of year! One of the many reasons why I like bowls like this (and my vegan burrito bowl and my Mediterranean quinoa bowl) is because they’re quick and generally filled with healthy ingredients. This bowl in particular is topped with all of the best foods like sweet potato, apple, goat cheese, and the most delicious maple-tahini sauce.
I still remember the first time I tried tahini. Everyone was so obsessed with it, so I had high hopes that I would be too. To be honest, plain tahini doesn’t thrill me, but tahini mixed with other things IS SO GOOD. It’s a great nut-free dressing or sauce option, and pairs well with so many flavors (in this case, maple syrup!).
WHY THIS AUTUMN HARVEST BOWL IS SO GOOD
- It’s loaded with vegetables like arugula and sweet potato, but has plenty of protein thanks to the quinoa and chickpeas
- The maple tahini sauce is INSANELY good
- It can be enjoyed warm or cold (yes really!)
HARVEST BOWL INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Arugula: The base of this bowl should be some sort of greens, and I chose arugula, but other options could be spinach or massaged kale.
Quinoa: The quinoa adds a bit of protein to this, but again, any grain works! Rice, farro, barley, etc. would all be delicious.
Cranberries: Who doesn’t love cranberries? They add a little bit of sweetness and scream “fall”, but you could also use raisins or chopped pitted dates.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS AUTUMN HARVEST BOWL AHEAD OF TIME
Store the arugula, chickpeas, apple, cranberries, and goat cheese in the same dish.
Make sure NOT to slice the apple until you’re ready to eat it.
Keep the cooked quinoa and roasted sweet potato in the same container so you can heat them up together.
OTHER HEALTHY BOWLS
Autumn Harvest Bowl
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 small sweet potato roasted*
- 1/2 apple sliced
- 1/4 cup chickpeas rinsed
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions, and roast the sweet potato either in a skillet or in the oven.
- Add the arugula to a bowl, then top it with the cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, apple, chickpeas, cranberries, and goat cheese.
- Make the dressing: whisk tahini and maple syrup together until they're well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the bowl and enjoy!