Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Delicious Air Fryer Carrots are the perfect side to any meal! You only need 3 ingredients and 20 minutes to make these deliciously tender carrots.
I told you I've been loving my air fryer lately -- I wasn't kidding! These air fryer carrots are so easy to prep, and a great option when you don't want to turn the oven on and/or wait for it to preheat.
They're made with minimal ingredients, and the seasoning can be customized to your liking. I love using garlic because nearly everyone enjoys it and it pairs well with many meals.
Carrots - Full size
Oil - olive oil and avocado oil are my go-to oils, but you can use any kind of neutral-tasting oil. I would NOT recommend using coconut oil.
Garlic powder - Garlic helps to give these their flavor, and it pairs well with parmesan cheese and parsley. Don't love garlic? Try using za'atar instead.
Step 1: Peel the carrots. Chop the tops off of the carrots, then use a potato peeler to peel the outer skin off of the carrots.
Step 2: Season. Transfer carrots to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle them with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use your hands to stir so that the carrots are completely coated.
Step 3: Air fry. Place carrots in your air fryer and fry at 380° for 20 minutes, making sure to shake the air fryer half way through.
Notes and FAQs
Want to try a different seasoning? Try using za'atar, or a combination of garlic powder and paprika.
Can I use baby carrots instead?
Yes! I tested this both ways and baby carrots work just as well as regular carrots. I like making the full size carrots for dinner and eating them as a side, and the baby carrots for lunch or a healthy snack.
What should I serve these carrots with?
These healthy air fry carrots are the perfect side to any meal, and pair perfectly with a variety of condiments, like:
More carrot recipes
- Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto
- Feta Harissa Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Carrots with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 lb. carrots peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese shredded, optional
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped, optional
- Place sliced carrots in a large bowl, then drizzle with olive oil; stir to combine. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper onto the carrots and use your hands to stir, making sure the carrots are coated.
- Place carrots in your air fryer, making sure they're not packed in (you might have to do this in batches). Air fry the carrots at 380° for 20 minutes, shaking half way through.
- Once carrots are done, remove them and sprinkle them with parmesan and parsley.