Delicious Air Fryer Carrots are the perfect side to any meal! You only need 3 ingredients and 20 minutes to make these deliciously tender carrots.
I told you I've been loving my air fryer lately -- I wasn't kidding! These air fryer carrots are so easy to prep, and a great option when you don't want to turn the oven on and/or wait for it to preheat.
They're made with minimal ingredients, and the seasoning can be customized to your liking. I love using garlic because nearly everyone enjoys it and it pairs well with many meals.
... like my garlic salmon salad or honey garlic chicken. If you own an air fryer, you must try this recipe!
Carrots - Full size
Oil - olive oil and avocado oil are my go-to oils, but you can use any kind of neutral-tasting oil. I would NOT recommend using coconut oil.
Garlic powder - Garlic helps to give these their flavor, and it pairs well with parmesan cheese and parsley. Don't love garlic? Try using za'atar instead.
Step 1: Peel the carrots. Chop the tops off of the carrots, then use a potato peeler to peel the outer skin off of the carrots.
Step 2: Season. Transfer carrots to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle them with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use your hands to stir so that the carrots are completely coated.
Step 3: Air fry. Place carrots in your air fryer and fry at 380° for 20 minutes, making sure to shake the air fryer half way through.
Notes and FAQs
Want to try a different seasoning? Try using za'atar, or a combination of garlic powder and paprika.
Can I use baby carrots instead?
Yes! I tested this both ways and baby carrots work just as well as regular carrots. I like making the full size carrots for dinner and eating them as a side, and the baby carrots for lunch or a healthy snack.
What should I serve these carrots with?
These healthy air fry carrots are the perfect side to any meal, and pair perfectly with a variety of condiments, like:
More carrot recipes
- Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto
- Feta Harissa Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Carrots with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 lb. carrots peeled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese shredded, optional
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped, optional
- Place sliced carrots in a large bowl, then drizzle with olive oil; stir to combine. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper onto the carrots and use your hands to stir, making sure the carrots are coated.
- Place carrots in your air fryer, making sure they're not packed in (you might have to do this in batches). Air fry the carrots at 380° for 20 minutes, shaking half way through.
- Once carrots are done, remove them and sprinkle them with parmesan and parsley.
Jo Ann says
This recipe is a keeper! I prepared enough for two meals and we ate them all! Yum! Pared them with air fried scallops. Great combo.
Thanks for the review -- I'm glad you liked the carrots!