Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This vegan pizza is the BEST I've ever had. It's topped with simple ingredients like marinara, garlic and oregano, plus a little vegan mozzarella cheese which takes this pizza from good to amazing. It's made with your favorite store-bought pizza dough, and it comes together in just 30 minutes!
This vegan pizza is LEGIT. Like, real pizza without the bloat from cheese, ya feel me? Ever since I made vegan mozzarella cheese, my life has changed for the better. Cashews are kind of amazing, aren't they? I always always always use store bought pizza dough because I'm lazy and it's good, but feel free to use your favorite homemade pizza dough if you prefer.
WHY THIS VEGAN PIZZA IS THE BEST
- It's ready in under 30 minutes, so it's an easy meatless meal
- There's so much flavor thanks to the marinara, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes
- It's topped with vegan mozzarella, so you won't even miss real cheese
VEGAN PIZZA INGREDIENTS
- Pizza dough
- Spices/herbs (oregano, red pepper flakes)
- Marinara sauce
- Vegan mozzarella
- Fresh basil
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PIZZA
Roll out pizza dough: Personally, I like to use my hands to stretch the pizza dough out into a circle instead of using a rolling pin, but either way works. Make sure to flour the dough so your hands don't stick to it, then stretch it to be as big as your pizza stone. Note: If you have a pizza stone, use a pizza stone. If you don't, you can use an oven-proof skillet, which is what I did (pictured in the photos).
Add the toppings: Use a spoon to spread the marinara sauce over the dough, then sprinkle with garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. Last, add the vegan mozzarella cheese.
Brush crust with olive oil: Before baking, I use a silicone brush to brush olive oil over the crust, which gives it a little more flavor and allows it to cook more quickly.
PIZZA TOPPING IDEAS
- Nutritional yeast
- Greens (spinach, kale)
- Vegan "meat" (tempeh, seitan)
- Vegan mozzarella cheese
HOW LONG DOES THIS PIZZA LAST?
If you're anything like me, not long. This pizza is best consumed within 24 hours. That way, the vegan mozzarella stays fresh and maintains the right texture.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER VEGAN DINNER RECIPES
The BEST Vegan Pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 5-8 grape tomatoes sliced
- vegan mozzarella
- 5-8 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Roll out the dough and place it on a pizza stone or in an oven-proof skillet.
- Brush the dough with olive oil, then sprinkle garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes on top. Then, add marinara sauce evenly over dough, then the tomatoes, vegan mozzarella*, and basil. Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden on the edges and the tomatoes are soft.
- Add more fresh basil on top, slice and enjoy!