These Flourless Peanut Butter Chickpea Pancakes make a wonderful post workout or weekend morning breakfast. They contain tons of protein thanks to the chickpeas and peanut butter and they taste delicious! If you’re a peanut butter lover, you’ll love these pancakes!
I am beyond excited to share these chickpea pancakes with you–trust me when I say they’re going to be your new favorite breakfast!
I’m always looking for ways to sneak in natural sources of protein. That’s not to say I dislike or never use protein powder, but if you can get protein in the form of a food then why not?! Chickpeas to the rescue!
I know I just posted a pancake recipe a few weeks ago–forgive me? Honestly, I’m just hoping that my tastebuds and your tastebuds are on the same pancake-loving wavelength, and therefore craving any and all pancakes riiiiiight now.
Plus, they’re peanut butter so..
Speaking of peanut butter… I’ve been eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich almost every day for the past week. Not only is it a little strange, it’s really strange because, up until a week ago, I hadn’t eaten a PB&J in YEARS because I was convinced I didn’t like jelly. Turns out I like pretty much everything (except mustard….ew), including jelly and jam, specifically fig jam like in these waffle sandwiches.
These peanut butter chickpea pancakes are:
Delicious on their own
Even more delicious with a dollop of peanut butter
Even MORE delicious smothered in chocolate and maple syrup
Awesome when you’re craving something sweet for breakfast
For anyone who loves peanut butter
For you. Yes, YOU—so now you have to make them 🙂
So there ya go… the perfect breakfast recipe for tomorrow morning! I finally did it right by posting a breakfast recipe on a Friday to make for Saturday rather than on a Monday and making you wait an entire week until you can eat them! I mean, unless you’re the type to make pancakes on a Monday morning, which I know I’m certainly not.
Also, I actually do use THAT much syrup—gross? Delicious? You tell me (delicious, obvs).
Have a great weekend!Print
Flourless Peanut Butter Chickpea Pancakes
These Flourless Peanut Butter Chickpea Pancakes make a great post workout or weekend morning breakfast. They’re loaded with protein and peanut butter and topped with chocolate for extra goodness.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6-8 pancakes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: skillet
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- Place chickpeas in a food processor or high-powered blender and pulse until mashed; set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, baking soda and salt together in a bowl; add chickpeas and mix together with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and syrup.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil or nonstick spray and pour batter onto skillet. Once batter starts bubbling, use spatula and carefully flip pancake over. Once both sides are cooked, remove from heat. Continue process until batter is gone.
- Optional: serve with melted chocolate and extra maple syrup
Keywords: pancakes, breakfast, chickpea pancakes, protein pancakes, flourless pancakes
Q: Plans for the weekend? Do your weekend breakfasts vary from your weekday breakfasts?
If you like these, you’ll love…