This Brussels Sprouts Pizza is not only topped with brussels sprouts, but also with burrata cheese, red onion and pancetta. The best part is that it’s ready in just 20 minutes!
Today we’re eating vegetables on pizza, which is probably my favorite way to eat them! I mean, veggies+cheese…c’mon! Brussels sprouts pizza is THE way to go, no matter what day of week it is.
This time of year means shifting from summer produce to fall produce, and one of my favorite transition vegetables is brussels sprouts, though I do year them year-round because I love them so much. Fall is the time to embrace brussels sprouts recipes like this dip and this salad.
Today’s brussels sprouts pizza might be the best recipe yet!
WHY THIS BRUSSELS SPROUTS PIZZA IS SO GOOD
- Vegetables on pizza is the ultimate way to eat pizza
- The brussels sprouts pair perfect with the burrata, onion and pancetta
- The whole recipe comes together in about 25 minutes, making it a quick and healthy weeknight meal
HOW TO MAKE BRUSSELS SPROUTS PIZZA
Flour the surface, roll out the dough: I like to use a silpat mat when rolling out the dough because it makes the whole pizza-making process a little less messy. Flour the mat, then use a rolling pin or your hands to roll out the dough before carefully transferring it to a baking sheet or pizza stone.
Add the toppings: Now’s the fun part where you get to add all the toppings, minus the burrata, on top of the pizza dough. I think this pizza recipe is good as-is, but feel free to add extra toppings if you want.
Bake away: Bake the pizza at 425° for 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown on the edges and the brussels sprouts are cooked.
TIPS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE PIZZA
Use store-bought dough. Yeah, I said it. I like homemade pizza, but I don’t want it to be a complicated, time consuming process. So, I use homemade pizza dough, which I buy from either the refrigerated section at Trader Joe’s or the frozen food section of Whole Foods.
If the crust doesn’t seem to be changing to a golden brown color, take the pizza out of the oven and brush it with a bit of olive oil, which should speed up the cooking process.
OTHER TASTY PIZZA RECIPES
Burrata Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 5 slices havarti cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- 1 1/2 cups brussels sprouts sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp pancetta
- Optional: microgreens for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Flour your surface and roll pizza dough out to your desired size; transfer dough to a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Drizzle dough with olive oil, then add red pepper, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Top that with the havarti and parmesan cheese, then add the brussels sprouts, red onion and pancetta.
- Bake pizza for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden and sprouts are cooked. Remove from oven, then place burrata cheese on top and wait 5 minutes for it to melt.
- Top with microgreens (optional), slice and enjoy!