These Flourless Banana Pancakes require just three ingredients—oats, eggs and banana—and are the perfect weekend breakfast! They’re made in a blender, which means less dishes for you, too.
FLOURLESS BANANA PANCAKES are my love language. Actually, all pancakes are my love language now that I have a griddle. Seriously—it may seem like one of those unnecessary kitchen appliances, but I’ve found it hugely beneficial when making pancakes.
Every normal person loves banana pancakes, but these ones are extra special because they require just THREE ingredients and they’re gluten free! So really, you have no excuse not to make them because you probably definitely already have the ingredients.
FLOURLESS BANANA PANCAKES RECIPE
For various reasons, flourless pancakes seem to be a hit. You guys love my flourless chickpea pancakes, so I figured I’d share an even easier recipe with you. This recipe uses oats as the flour, and while oats themselves are gluten free, you’ll need to make sure you’re buying high-quality oats that haven’t been cross-contaminated, or you can use actual gluten free oats.
My favorite kind of pancakes are pancakes that you can make in a blender, aka blender pancakes. Have you tried this method? It makes clean-up super simple and pouring the batter becomes a lot easier too.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE BANANA PANCAKES
Gather your ingredients: This recipe calls for just three ingredients, so this part should be simple. You’ll need eggs, oats, and ripe bananas. Ripe bananas work best because they’ll blend up more easily/won’t leave chunks in the batter. As for the oats, use old fashioned or rolled oats instead of steel cut oats.
Blend them up: Once you have all your ingredients, throw everything into the blender and blend the batter for at least 30 seconds or until the batter is nice and smooth.
Grease your griddle: Coconut oil tends to be my go-to oil when it comes to creasing cake pans and griddles. Just add a small amount—no more than 1/2 teaspoon— of oil to your skillet and wait at least 30 seconds before adding the batter. This will allow time for the griddle/skillet to heat up.
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY FLOURLESS PANCAKES
- Choose the right oats: Make sure you’re using rolled or old fashioned oats, not steel cut. It’s also a good idea to make sure the oats are certified gluten free. As a note, most oats are, but it doesn’t hurt to double check.
- Grease the griddle (again and again): Don’t be afraid to add more oil to the griddle if you need it. I typically use coconut oil to ensure that the pancakes don’t stick, and often times I have to add a little bit more than I start with to allow the pancakes to cook all the way through.
OTHER PANCAKE RECIPES:
3-Ingredient Flourless Banana Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for at least 30 seconds or until batter is smooth.
- Use coconut oil (or nonstick spray) to grease your griddle or nonstick skillet. Allow skillet to heat up on medium heat for at least 30 seconds before adding the batter.
- Pour batter into the skillet and wait until small bubbles form before carefully flipping pancakes over and cooking on the other side.