Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These high Protein Overnight Oats are made with 5 ingredients and will keep you full all morning long. They’re easy to prep the night before so breakfast is ready for you in the morning!
I’m declaring it now: these protein overnight oats are my new favorite breakfast recipe (yes really!). While I’ve been on a hard boiled egg kick the past few months, I’m now on the overnight oats train and I don’t plan on coming off of it anytime soon.
See, I’m a huge fan of quick breakfasts. I rarely spend more than 10 minutes prepping breakfast, and even that feels a bit much during the work week.
Normally, I prefer 5-minute breakfast recipes, like my strawberry banana overnight oats or my coconut chia pudding, both of which can be made the night before. That way when I wake up, breakfast is already ready!
Why you’ll love these
- They’re the perfect thing to eat after a morning workout
- They’re easy to customize to your liking with tons of possible add-ins
- Not only are they made with protein powder, but with peanut butter too (double the protein!)
Oats – rolled or old fashioned; NOT quick oats; can use gluten free to keep this recipe GF
Peanut butter – creamy; can use any kind of nut butter
Maple syrup – can sub honey
Protein powder – vanilla or plain (see “notes” in recipe card)
Milk – can use any kind of milk; I almost always use almond or oat
Step 1: Combine wet ingredients. Whisk the syrup, peanut butter and milk together in a bowl.
Step 2: Add the protein powder. Stir in the protein powder until it’s dissolved.
Step 3: Add oats. The last step is to stir in the oats, then place the bowl in the refrigerator overnight. You can also divide it into jars beforehand if you prefer.
Tips and FAQs
- Want these to be super creamy? Add a dollop of yogurt (Greek or dairy free)
- If you want these to be more chocolate peanut buttery, use chocolate protein powder
You can follow the recipe as written, or if you wanna take it up a notch, try one of more of these add-ins:
- chocolate chips
- chia seeds
- hemp hearts
- drizzle of honey
This is a personal preference. I used a vanilla pea protein-based powder, but any kind will work. If you already have a favorite protein powder, use that!
Yes! If you’re not a fan of protein powder, try using 2-3 tbsp of hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds or walnuts/almonds instead.
More easy breakfast recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 scoop protein powder plain or vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Whisk syrup, peanut butter and milk together, then stir in the protein powder. Last, stir in the oats.
- Optional: add any toppings if you want
- Place bowl in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy in the morning!