Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata is a great way to incorporate sun-dried tomatoes, and they add a ton of flavor to this dish. It's topped with feta cheese, easy to make ahead of time and the whole thing comes together in just 25 minutes.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by California Sun Dry. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!
If you're going to make a frittata, you better make it a sun-dried tomato frittata. I mean, that's what I always say anyway.
With the holidays quickly approaching, I don't think it's the worst idea to start thinking about meals that you can make ahead of time and/or meals that feel a lot of people. Lucky for you, this frittata is both of those things! You can easy make it the day before if you need to--though the whole recipe comes together in just 30 minutes--and it serves up to 8 people. Not bad, if you ask me.
WHY THIS SUN-DRIED TOMATO FRITTATA IS SO GOOD
- It's not only filled with sun-dried tomatoes, but with onion, garlic and feta cheese for tons of flavor
- The eggs are combined with heavy cream to make this SUPER creamy
- It's ready in under 30 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT FRITTATA
Whisk the eggs together, then add the cream. If you're a regular Almond Eater reader, you know that I try to opt for dairy free options when possible. I made this frittata twice--the first time with almond milk and then the second time with heavy cream--and the heavy cream version was SO much better. So, for this recipe, I'm recommending that you use heavy cream.
Once those are mixed, stir in the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and arugula, then pour everything into an oven-safe skillet and sprinkle the cheese on top.
TIPS FOR CHOOSING QUALITY SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
There are a few things to take into consideration when choosing sun-dried tomatoes, but an obvious one is the color! California Sun Dry sun dried tomatoes are a bright red color and overall very vibrant looking, whereas other brands are darker and kind of dull looking. It's also important to note that they're tomatoes actually dry out in the sun for 7 to 10 days, which enhances their flavor.
CAN I USE DAIRY FREE MILK INSTEAD OF CREAM?
Yes, absolutely! Though I preferred the heavy cream version, you can use any sort of dairy free milk in this recipe.
OTHER HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup California Sun Dry sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup feta cheese or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in a bowl and set aside.
- Sauté the onion and garlic with a little bit of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet for 2-3 minutes; then, add the sun dried tomatoes and arugula and sauté for 1 minute, then pour in the egg mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pan fry for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from the heat, sprinkle feta cheese on top and then place the skillet in the oven and bake the frittata for 10-14 minutes, or until the edges have set and the middle is cooked through.
- Wait a few minutes, then slice frittata and enjoy!