Chickpeas oh chickpeas, why are you so good? I’ve already written a post or two about the first time I tried chickpeas (here). I believe the first time I tried roasted chickpeas was after I saw a recipe posted on PopSugar. I was instantly hooked and I’ve been eating them pretty consistently ever since. I’ve read other posts on how to roast chickpeas (Hi Amanda!), but this is how I roast chickpeas.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour chickpeas on top of the foil and spread them out. Add more seasoning. Once again, I don’t measure, I just sprinkle so that the chickpeas are evenly covered.
How to Make Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
Learn how to make roasted chickpeas with this step-by-step tutorial! Perfectly crispy and the best afternoon snack.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 1-2 1x
- Category: snacks
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning, or more
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pour chickpeas into a strainer, then rinse them off until all the liquid from the can is gone.
- Use several paper towels to pat the chickpeas dry. You don’t be able to get them completely dry, but partially dry is the goal. Then, pour them into a bowl and add olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour chickpeas out onto a lined baking sheet, then sprinkle additional cajun seasoning on top (1-2 tsp).
- Bake chickpeas for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and wait 5 minutes before transferring them to a bowl.
Keywords: how to make roasted chickpeas, chickpeas, crunchy chickpeas