This Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl is made with cottage cheese, nuts and your favorite berries for a quick, protein-packed breakfast. It can be made ahead the night before, and it’s easy to customize to your liking!
WHY THIS BREAKFAST BOWL IS SO GOOD
- It uses cottage cheese as a base, meaning it’s loaded with protein
- It’s easy to customize with different fruit and nuts
- It can be prepared the night before
COTTAGE CHEESE BREAKFAST INGREDIENTS
- Cottage cheese: You can’t make a cottage cheese bowl without cottage cheese!
- Nuts: Nuts add a nice crunch to this breakfast bowl. I opted to use walnuts, but you can use whatever kind you have on hand.
- Fruit: I used fresh raspberries, but any kind of berry will work in this recipe
- Cinnamon: This is optional, but cinnamon makes everything better, right?
THAT’S IT! Let’s walk through how to actually prep this bowl, and substitutions you can make.
HOW TO MAKE A COTTAGE CHEESE BREAKFAST BOWL
Step 1: choose your nuts. I opted to use a combination of almonds and walnuts, but any kind of nut will work in this recipe. If you’re allergic to nuts or just don’t like them, you could use old fashioned oats or nut-free granola instead.
Step 2: choose your fruit. Again, most any fruits will do, but I like to think berries pair really well with nuts and cottage cheese. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy berries with breakfast? If it’s wintertime and berries aren’t in season, try a banana instead! Bananas are good all year round if you ask me.
Step 3: add the cottage cheese. This step doesn’t really need explaining, but you’re going to need cottage cheese for this cottage cheese bowl (obviously…). If you have yet to hop on the cottage cheese train because of the texture, just know that I get it. Really, I do. The texture kept me from trying it for quite some time, but I eventually got over it and thank goodness I did. It’s so good! You can opt for low fat, 2% or 4% depending on your preference.
If you want to add more STUFF to this breakfast bowl, go for it! Other toppings include cinnamon, shredded coconut and maybe even some nut butter. The possibilities are endless!
OTHER COTTAGE CHEESE RECIPES:
Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl
Why eat plain cottage cheese when you can easily whip up this Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl that’s filled with nuts, raspberries and cinnamon?! YUM.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: breakfast bowl
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberries (or your berry of choice)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Combine ingredients into a bowl and viola! You’ve got yourself a tasty cottage cheese breakfast bowl 🙂
Keywords: cottage cheese, breakfast, cottage cheese breakfast, breakfast bowl, vegetarian