This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclaimer.
Homemade Alfredo sauce, spinach, and juicy chicken on a pizza? Yes, please! This Chicken Alfredo Pizza is creamy, garlicky, and the perfect pie for pizza night.
What do you get when chicken alfredo pasta and white sauce pizza get together? A Chicken Alfredo Pizza! This creative pizza concept is quick, easy, and the ultimate comfort food.
This healthy alfredo pizza is loaded with all kinds of delicious, crowd-pleasing toppings like chicken, mozzarella, garlic, and spinach. Traditional tomato pizza sauce is swapped for my healthy alfredo sauce to lighten up each bite and help it taste extra crave-worthy. Bonus: all of the toppings and the sauce can be prepped in advance to save you time!
Make this chicken alfredo pizza recipe your own and indulge in any modifications or extra toppings you like. If you’re looking for more creative pizza night ideas, be sure to check out this caesar salad pizza and this burrata pistachio white pizza as well.
- This pizza offers the best of what chicken alfredo and white sauce pizza have to offer.
- The heavy cream-based white sauce is swapped for my healthy alfredo sauce (but you’d never know the difference).
- It’s quick, easy, and a great homemade pizza recipe for beginners.
- Pizza dough - Using storebought dough is super convenient. I love Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods pizza dough, but if you have a tried-and-true homemade pizza dough recipe, go ahead and use it.
- Healthy alfredo sauce - Storebought alfredo sauce doesn’t compare to making it from scratch, and my healthy alfredo sauce recipe only takes 5 minutes!
- Garlic - Two fresh garlic cloves are just enough, but feel free to add another clove or two to amp up the flavor.
- Mozzarella cheese - Freshly shredded, if possible. Mozzarella is standard on pizza, but you can use shredded parmesan cheese, white cheddar, or swiss if you like. Alternatively, top the baked pizza with torn burrata for extra cheesy goodness.
- Red pepper flakes - A pinch of red pepper flakes is plenty for a subtle kick. Feel free to make it spicier with extra.
- Spinach - Not a fan of spinach? Kale works too.
- Chicken - Save time and cook the chicken ahead of time. Shredded or diced chicken breasts or thighs are best!
Step 1: Prepare the pizza dough. Following the package instructions (or using your go-to method), roll the pizza dough out and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or pizza stone).
Step 2: Prep the alfredo sauce and chicken. If you haven’t done so already, cook the chicken and make the healthy alfredo sauce from scratch.
Step 3: Assemble the pizza. Spread the alfredo sauce over the dough, then add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top. Pile on the spinach, then the chicken, and finish with the remaining cheese.
Step 4: Bake the pizza. Bake the pizza in the oven until the crust is slightly golden brown and the cheese is melted. Slice and enjoy!
Expert tips and FAQs
- Make a double batch of the homemade alfredo sauce so you can have extras for drizzling over the cooked pizza, using it as a dipping sauce on the side, and storing for later.
- Running low on time? Swap the home cooked chicken for a storebought rotisserie chicken instead.
- Do you like pizza crust on the crunchy side? Bake the crust without any toppings until it’s firm but not cooked through. Afterward, add the sauce and toppings, and return it to the oven until the cheese is melted.
Pizza crust variations
Instead of traditional pizza dough, build your chicken alfredo pizza on the pizza crust* of your choice, such as:
- Cauliflower crust
- Pita or naan bread
- Puff pastry
- French bread
- Gluten free pizza crust
*Different pizza crusts and doughs can require different baking times and temperatures, so be sure to pay attention to the directions on the package.
What other toppings go well on chicken alfredo pizza?
Use any of these suggestions when getting creative with your pizza toppings:
- Caramelized onions
- Artichoke hearts
- Diced tomatoes
- Ricotta cheese
- Italian sausage
- Green onion or chives
How long does chicken alfredo pizza last?
Once baked, let the pizza cool to room temperature before wrapping the slices in plastic wrap or placing them in an airtight container. If kept in the fridge, chicken alfredo pizza will stay fresh for 2 to 3 days.
How do you reheat alfredo pizza?
To get the pizza hot and crispy, preheat your oven to 425ºF and warm the pizza on a baking sheet until the cheese is melted.
More healthy pizza recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough
- ⅔ cup healthy alfredo sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 cup chicken approx. 1 large chicken breast or 3 chicken thighs; cooked and diced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese optional; shaved or grated
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a pizza stone if you have one).
- Roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface, then transfer to your baking sheet. Top it with the alfredo sauce, then sprinkle HALF of the shredded mozzarella, along with the red pepper flakes and oregano on top.
- Add the spinach and cooked chicken, then add the remaining mozzarella. If you're using parmesan, add it now.
- Bake the pizza for 10 minutes or until the crust is slightly golden and the cheese is melted. Slice the pizza and enjoy it with an extra drizzle of alfredo sauce. Enjoy!