This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclaimer.
This Pistachio White Pizza is made with plenty of burrata cheese and topped with red onions, arugula and pistachios for a salty kick.
….because what is pizza without burrata? Exactly.
As you’re reading this, I should be flying home from Spain today! Well, to New York anyway, and then I’ll be back in Pittsburgh tomorrow. I’ll be sharing a full recap within the next week or two, so no worries.
I figured why not end the week/my trip on a high note and with someone completely unhealthy before I start my mini diet. I don’t ever go on full-out diets, but anytime after I return from a longer vacation, I try to watch what I eat a little more closely. I mean, I sort of have to after binging on ALL THE FOOD and alcohol. But, since I’m technically still traveling and on vacation today, then pizza it is!
What’s your go-to pizza order? Cheese? Pepperoni? THE WORKS?! Mine is white pizza. I don’t dislike marinara sauce or anything, but there’s something about olive oil+lots of cheese that just gets me going. Especially when that pizza is topped with burrata cheese and/or fresh mozzarella. MMMMMMM.
This pizza recipe is not my own—it’s actually a semi-recreation of a pizza at Pizza Taglio. I just LOVE the idea of adding pistachios to pizza. The main difference is that they include sausage on theirs, and I opted to keep this white pizza recipe vegetarian; but, if you’re a meat lover (like Miguel…), then feel free to add some sausage to this pizza.
The real kicker is the red onions. I LOVE onions—love love—and I think they give this pizza so much flavor (as they do with everything, really). Ok I take it back. Yes, the onions add flavor, but the real real REAL kicker is the pistachios. They add such a unique flavor to this white pizza—you’re going to love it.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Use your hands or a rolling pill to roll dough out to your liking, then transfer it onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle it with 2 tablespoon olive oil then set aside.
- Next, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet then add the onions. Cook the onions until they're translucent, then transfer them onto the pizza dough.
- Next, add the shredded mozzarella, then the burrata. Place pizza in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then, remove pizza and add the arugula and pistachios; bake pizza for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Take pizza out of the oven, slice and enjoy!