This Chorizo Mango Pizza uses chorizo in place of pizza sauce and is topped with fresh mango, poblano peppers and burrata cheese. It’s a must-try!
Happy Cinco de Mayo! We’re celebrating accordingly with….mango pizza! I’ll admit scheduling a pizza recipe to go live on a Mexican holiday was completely unintentional, but let’s be honest, you’ve probably seen enough Cinco de Mayo recipes this week to hold you over for the next few years. …that’s what I’m telling myself anyway.
How are you guys celebrating the holiday? I don’t ever do anything, except maybe go out for a margarita or something of the sort. I’m thinking I may just make my own this year and cozy up on the couch. Super lame but also quite perfect. And of course I’ll be making this pizza for Miguel and I to share (omitting the cheese for half of the pizza—Miguel’s still going strong on Whole30!). I feel like I’ve said it before, but we typically eat homemade pizza once a week, though I feel like we’ve skipped out the past two weeks or so. How often do you eat pizza? Is once a week normal? I’ve been wondering this. Even if it’s not normal, I don’t think we’re going to stop—it’s absolutely something I know we both look forward to.
This chorizo mango pizza is a meat lover’s dream and a vegetarian’s nightmare. I had a very similar pizza at Industry Public House, and it was SO GOOD, I knew I had to recreate it at home. The base of the pizza is made of…CHORIZO, meaning the chorizo takes the place of some sort of marinara sauce. On top of the chorizo is some mango, poblano pepper, goat cheese, and burrata.
Hey, I didn’t claim this pizza was healthy, I’m just promising you it’s delicious.
Let’s do Cinco de Mayo semi right and prepare this mango pizza along with this lavender margarita and call it a night. Honestly, I’m pumped. However, if you actually have exciting plans for this evening I’d love to hear about them—maybe they’ll convince me to go out myself.
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 4 chorizo sausage links sliced in half (as pictured)
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup poblano pepper diced*
- 1 mango diced
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoon goat cheese handful of microgreens for garnish
- Preheat oven to 420°
- Roll out pizza dough and set it on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Cook the chorizo sausage over the stovetop in a skillet; place sausage on top of pizza dough (for now you can just set it on top in a pile).
- In the same skillet, heat 2 tablespoon oil and then cook onion on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until caramelized. While onion is caramelizing, rearrange the chorizo on the pizza dough so that it covers the entire surface. Once onions are cooked, place them on top of cooked chorizo.
- Add poblano, mango and burrata cheese to the pizza; place the baking sheet into the oven and cook pizza for approximately 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle pizza with goat cheese and microgreens (optional), slice and enjoy!