Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These easy boneless skinless Grilled Chicken Thighs are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Marinated in a simple mix of olive oil, garlic, parsley, and paprika, the juicy chicken makes for a delicious and quick weeknight dinner.
Fire up the grill! It’s time to cook a classic.
Juicy marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs are a delicious protein that’s welcome at any summer barbecue. The simple marinade made from olive oil, garlic, paprika, and parsley soaks into each thigh to tenderize the meat and add intricate flavors to each bite. You couldn’t ask for something more simple and delicious for dinner!
I chose to grill boneless chicken thighs but you could easily swap them for bone-in. That’s how easy and flexible this recipe is! Serve your guests or family a couple of thighs with baked potatoes and tomato bulgar salad on the side for a classic summer meal.
- Set it and forget it! You can leave the chicken in the marinade for up to 4 hours.
- A perfect summer dinner option that pairs well with any side dish.
- Juicy on the inside and a crispy char on the outside.
Chicken thighs - I love to grill boneless skinless chicken thighs for a lighter bite but you can use bone-in or skin-on if you prefer. Just know that the cook time will change if using bone-in chicken thighs.
Olive oil - As the base of the grilled chicken marinade. You can swap this for melted butter, ghee, or avocado oil if you’d like.
Garlic cloves - Garlic in the marinade give each piece of chicken a nice savory flavor.
Parsley - Fresh parsley will give you the best and brightest flavors. But, if you're in a pinch, dried parsley will work; if you're using dried parsley, reduce the amount to 1 tsp.
Smoked paprika - Feel free to use regular paprika if you don’t have smoked.
Step 1: Marinate the chicken. Whisk the olive oil, garlic, parsley, smoked paprika, and salt in a bowl. Place the chicken in a ziploc bag or baking dish and pour the marinade over top. Make sure the chicken is completely coated before placing it in the fridge.
Seal the bag/cover the baking dish and let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Step 2: Grill and serve. Heat the grill and place the thighs smooth side down directly on the grill grates for 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF, approximately 4-5 minutes. Let the grilled thighs rest for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy!
Tips and FAQs
-Use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat cooks all the way through. Boneless chicken thighs are ready when the internal temperature reads 165ºF.
-Add extra flavor to the marinade with lime juice and zest, dijon mustard, cilantro instead of parsley, or more herbs like thyme and rosemary.
-Let the chicken rest! If you slice into the thighs right after they come off the heat, the juices will leak and you’ll miss out on some serious flavor.
How long can I marinate chicken?
Some chicken thigh recipes can be left to marinate from 30 minutes or up to 24 hours, but I found 4 hours was a nice sweet spot. Just don’t leave the thighs in the marinade too long or else the meat will become mealy.
How long does it take to grill chicken thighs?
Boneless thighs shouldn’t need more than 5 to 7 minutes per side on a 400º-450ºF grill.
Can I use bone-in chicken thighs?
Yes! If using bone-in thighs, heat your grill to 400° and grill the chicken skin side down for 5 minutes. Then, flip over and grill for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the thickest part of the thigh's internal temperature reaches 165°F.
What should I serve with grilled chicken thighs?
Anything you like! Honestly, the flavors in this dish are simple, yet delicious, meaning they pair well with lots of side dishes. Serve the thighs over rice, cauliflower rice, orzo, or quinoa and include a fresh green salad, potato wedges, and curry roasted cauliflower on the side.
- Refrigerator: Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the chicken in a baking dish and cook in the oven at 350° until warmed through.
More chicken dinners:
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs *see notes for bone-in option
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place chicken into a large plastic bag or a shallow baking dish.
- Next, whisk the olive oil, garlic, parsley, smoked paprika, and salt together, then pour the mixture over the chicken. If you're using a plastic bag, seal it shut, then use your hands to make sure the chicken is completely coated. If you're using a baking dish, cover it with plastic wrap.
- Place the bag/dish in the refrigerator and allow chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Heat grill to 400-425°, then place the chicken smooth side down and cook it for 5 minutes without disturbing. Use kitchen tongs to flip it over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until it reaches and internal temperature of 165°F.
- Transfer the chicken from the grill onto a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!