This Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken is made in one skillet and loaded with flavor. The chicken is seared to perfection, and the sauce is made with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese for a creamy yet light sauce.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by California Sun Dry. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!
We all need more dinner recipes, right? Dinner recipes are probably my favorite to create, and I know I've been creating a lot of meatless recipes (because hello veggies!), but today is all about chicken as the main dish. This sun-dried tomato chicken is made in ONE SKILLET, which equals less dishes, and I know that's something you and I can both get on board with.
I believe I've mentioned this before, but the reason California Sun Dry sun-dried tomatoes are the BEST is because, unlike other brands who rush the drying process, California Sun Dry lays their tomatoes out in the sun for natural drying, which means more flavor!
WHY THIS SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN IS THE BEST
- It's made in one skillet, which makes prep and clean up super easy
- The chicken is seared first, so the outside is crispy but the inside is tender
- The sauce is crazy flavorful, but still on the lighter side so you'll feel good eating it
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
- California Sun Dry sun-dried tomatoes
- Milk of choice
HOW TO MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN
Sear chicken: Heat an oven-proof skillet with oil, then sear both sides of the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side. The chicken should be fully cooked, so make sure to cut into one of the thighs to check for doneness before removing it from the skillet. I like to use my cast iron skillet when searing pretty much anything, and I always use kitchen tongs to make flipping the chicken easier.
Make the sauce: Once the chicken is seared, you'll remove it from the pan then make the sauce, which in this case is a mixture of garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, milk, and water. Next, turn the heat to low then stir this mixture until everything is combined. The cheese should mostly melt, but don't worry if it doesn't all melt (it's still super cheesy!).
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES:
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Skillet
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup California Sun Dry sun-dried tomatoes sliced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup water
- fresh basil for garnish
- Mix Italian seasoning, salt and pepper together and pour onto a large plate. Coat each chicken thigh with seasoning, then place directly into a large skillet (I used my cast iron skillet).
- Sear the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked all the way through. You may need to add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Once chicken is cooked, use kitchen tongs to remove chicken.
- In that same skillet, combine all of the sauce ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low, stirring for a few minutes until cheese has melted. Simmer mixture for 5 minutes or so, which will allow it to thicken. Place chicken back in skillet and top it with fresh basil.