Garlic Zucchini Noodle Pasta is loaded with garlicky flavor and ready in under 30 minutes! It's made with a combination of zucchini noodles and spaghetti, and combined with shrimp and cheese for a delicious, low carb meal.
- A low carb meal that can be made with only zucchini noodles, or a combination of gluten free pasta + zucchini noodles
- Super easy + quick weeknight dinner recipe
- Loaded with garlic, shrimp and cheese
A full ingredient list is provided in the recipe card below. This just helps to clarify a few things:
Zucchini - Spiralized.
Pasta - Optional. Can use regular spaghetti, gluten free pasta or zucchini noodles only
Burrata - Can sub fresh mozzarella.
Step 1: Cook the pasta. At the same time, use your spiralizer to spiralize the zucchini then set it aside.
Step 2: Cook the shrimp. Add shrimp to a large skillet and cook it for a few minutes over medium heat until it turns pink.
Step 3: Combine. Add garlic, butter and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Once the butter has melted, add the cooked pasta and zucchini noodles and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the burrata cheese, along with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese (optional).
Tips and FAQs
- Make sure to use the smallest blade available for your spiralizer. I mean, technically it doesn't matter because you'll end up with zucchini noodles no matter what blade you use, but the smallest blade with create spaghetti-like zucchini noodles.
Do I have to add pasta?
Nope! If you want to keep this truly low carb, simply use 2 zucchinis instead of a combination of zucchini and pasta.
Any shrimp substitutions?
If you're not a fan of shrimp, you could try using sausage (regular or vegan), or bacon instead.
More low carb recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Garlic Zucchini Noodle Pasta
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta or spaghetti regular or gluten free
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- Fresh parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta over stovetop and then set aside. At the same time, use your spiralizer to spiralize the zucchini and then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in your skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook for a few minutes before adding in the garlic, butter and red pepper flakes.
- Next, add cooked pasta and zucchini noodles to the skillet and stir until everything is combined.
- Transfer noodles onto plate, add salt, pepper and burrata cheese. Last, top with parsley and a little parmesan cheese.
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in February 2017. It was updated with new text and photos in August 2020.
This recipe is in the permanent rotation because it’s so easy and delicious. I skip the burrata since I’m lactose intolerant and just add extra parm (thank goodness for naturally low lactose cheeses!). Love the combo of zucchini noodles and pasta - genius!
Thanks, Eileen — so glad this has become a go-to recipe!
This turned out absolutely amazing! The way the mozzarella bursts in your mouth was a welcomed surprise. I didn’t have a spiralizer so I diced them zucchini and it was just wonderfully delicious! I will be making this again and again.
It's my favorite way to eat zucchini -- so happy you enjoyed it!
Angela Maciel says
can i tell you how much i loved this? I tried this out and it turned out to be super delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, this looks so good! I love burrata. Definitely going to try this one soon!
Izzy | pinch of delight says
This looks delicious!
I love how simple it is. x
Izzy | http://www.pinchofdelight.com
Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food says
Yumm! I love zucchini noodles, but I also love how you kept some pasta in there. Gotta make it a little bit filling! I'm definitely remembering this one for later.
I'm all about the combo of regular noodles+zoodles. It's carbs+veggies in one dish!
Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It says
In love with this recipe. That burrata on the side though. 😉
Right?! 😀 THE BEST.
Julia Mueller says
It's been way too long since I've had a good zoodle, and these look AMAZING! I'm all about garlicky food and shrimp is always a win in my book. That burrata? Yes please!
ALWAYS burrata 😀
Sarah | Well and Full says
I need to check out this Well Beyond collection... I love any things that make healthy eating easier!! 🙂
Yesss it's legit! They have a TON of good stuff.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health says
That's so cool that the blades are color coded! I have a spiralizer and I bought my mom the same one Mother's Day. She made one of my recipes but used the wrong thickness for the the zucchini noodles and it looked like it was shredded, not spiralized, lol! So I can see how the color coding would be helpful. 😉
I love how simple yet satisfying this dish looks! Perfect for a busy but healthy weeknight meal.
Hhaah ahhh well at least she tried! Thanks Sarah 🙂
lovely recipe - I could happily eat this any day of the week! love that you included the burrata cheese - delicious!
Burrata is always necessary! Thanks Mary 🙂