Garlic Zucchini Noodle Pasta is loaded with garlicky flavor and ready in under 30 minutes! It's made with a combination of zucchini noodles and spaghetti, and combined with shrimp and cheese for a delicious, low carb meal.
- A low carb meal that can be made with only zucchini noodles, or a combination of gluten free pasta + zucchini noodles
- Super easy + quick weeknight dinner recipe
- Loaded with garlic, shrimp and cheese
A full ingredient list is provided in the recipe card below. This just helps to clarify a few things:
Zucchini - Spiralized.
Pasta - Optional. Can use regular spaghetti, gluten free pasta or zucchini noodles only
Burrata - Can sub fresh mozzarella.
Step 1: Cook the pasta. At the same time, use your spiralizer to spiralize the zucchini then set it aside.
Step 2: Cook the shrimp. Add shrimp to a large skillet and cook it for a few minutes over medium heat until it turns pink.
Step 3: Combine. Add garlic, butter and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Once the butter has melted, add the cooked pasta and zucchini noodles and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the burrata cheese, along with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese (optional).
Tips and FAQs
- Make sure to use the smallest blade available for your spiralizer. I mean, technically it doesn't matter because you'll end up with zucchini noodles no matter what blade you use, but the smallest blade with create spaghetti-like zucchini noodles.
Do I have to add pasta?
Nope! If you want to keep this truly low carb, simply use 2 zucchinis instead of a combination of zucchini and pasta.
Any shrimp substitutions?
If you're not a fan of shrimp, you could try using sausage (regular or vegan), or bacon instead.
More low carb recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Garlic Zucchini Noodle Pasta
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta or spaghetti regular or gluten free
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- Fresh parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta over stovetop and then set aside. At the same time, use your spiralizer to spiralize the zucchini and then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in your skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook for a few minutes before adding in the garlic, butter and red pepper flakes.
- Next, add cooked pasta and zucchini noodles to the skillet and stir until everything is combined.
- Transfer noodles onto plate, add salt, pepper and burrata cheese. Last, top with parsley and a little parmesan cheese.
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in February 2017. It was updated with new text and photos in August 2020.