Simple 4-ingredient Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Dates make the perfect, WARM party appetizer. Crispy bacon covered in syrup and sugar, wrapped around a date and baked to perfection—what could be better?!
Is there anything better than bacon-wrapped dates? Yes! Bacon-wrapped dates with brown sugar and maple syrup of course. This appetizer is just four ingredients and comes together in about 30 minutes. I’ve attended many parties and this always seems to be my go-to, both in terms of what to make and also what I make a beeline for at the food table. What can I say? They’re addicting!
If you’re on the fence about dates, I still recommend trying these. I know Miguel “hates” dates by themselves, but he absolutely adores this recipe. Dates are completely different (BETTER) when covered in bacon!
Ok like I said, four ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe: dates, bacon, brown sugar (preferably dark brown sugar), and maple syrup.
HOW TO MAKE BACON-WRAPPED DATES
Step 1: Preheat the oven then set up an assembly line. Grab the bacon, dates and toothpicks, then pour the maple syrup into a bowl and the brown sugar into a separate bowl.
Step 2: Wrap bacon around the dates, then place a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. Dip the bacon-wrapped date into the maple syrup first, then the brown sugar and directly onto a lined baking sheet. You’ll repeat this process for all two dozen dates.
Step 3: Bake the dates in the oven for approximately 12 minutes or until the bacon is done to your liking. Optionally, you can sprinkle a little extra brown sugar overtop before serving. That’s it!
These brown sugar dates are the definition of salty and sweet–they’re a real crowd-pleaser. So whether you’re going to a party or just having a few friends over, I highly recommend whipping these up.
THINGS TO SERVE WITH THESE BACON-WRAPPED DATES:
- mini pavlovas with whipped cream
- buttercream walnut thumbprint cookies
- chocolate gingerbread popcorn
Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Dates
What’s better than these 4-ingredient Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Dates? NOTHING. They’re salty and sweet and make for the perfect party appetizer.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 27 mins
- Yield: 24 pieces 1x
- Category: snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: appetizer
- 24 pitted dates
- 8 pieces of bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour dates into a bowl, set bacon on a cutting board, pour syrup into a separate bowl, pour sugar into a separate bowl, kind of like an assembly line.
- Cut bacon into thirds, giving you a total of 24 pieces. Or, if bacon is already somewhat small in size, cut bacon in half and add 4 extra slices.
- Work with dates, one by one: start by wrapping a date in a slice of bacon and securing it with a toothpick. Then, dip bacon in syrup and cover it in sugar and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat this process for all 24 dates.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes, flipping half way through so bacon is cooked completely.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional sugar and enjoy!
Keywords: dates, bacon dates, bacon-wrapped dates