Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
A quick, simple and HEALTHY Spinach and Caramelized Onion Dip made with Greek yogurt. Serve it with crackers or vegetables for an easy appetizer!
I don’t know what to do, proclaim my love of onions again or talk about something entirely different. We could talk about how I finally started cold brewing my own coffee?! Yes, it’s true. Can someone please explain to me why it took me so long? I love cold brew coffee, and hell I even worked at a juice company that cold brewed coffee, but I wanted until NOW to start doing it. I suppose you could say it’s perfect timing, what with the weather getting warm and my desire to buy iced coffee being sky high. But, not anymore! Well, I’ll still buy it from time to time because I can’t NOT, but I’ve been enjoying cold brew ever since Lestraundra posted this recipe on Facebook. Talk about a money saver!
Besides cold brew, I’ve been enjoying the slightly colder weather we’ve had the past few days in Pittsburgh (I’m talking in the 50s, 60s and 70s), watching the Bachelorette (HELP, I can’t believe I started watching it but it’s so good) and nailing down wedding details. If there’s anytime to finale details it’s now! My mom and I went to the venue last night to map out how we want the layout to look. Miguel and I made a chart on paper, but we wanted to confirm with the venue that our vision would work. Luckily for the most part, it did.
Next up: finalize the day-of timeline so we can give it to the venue and DJ, confirm our song list and look up photo ideas on Pinterest. I gotta say, as much as I want to hate Pinterest for providing cool yet unrealistic ideas and expectations, it’s been a huge factor in helping me determine things I want and don’t want, like flowers, shoes, hair, and make up.
Speaking of hair and make up, I’m going to my trail tomorrow! Eeeeeee! I have a few ideas in mind, all three completely different of course. We shall see!
Oh, and if you love caramelized onions, then you need this onion dip in your life. TRUST ME.
- 2 large or 4 small yellow onions
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp chives sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel onions and then slice vertically into thin strips*; set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions.
- Allow onions 8-10 minutes to caramelize, stirring occasionally to avoid any burning. If onions do start turning black, add more oil/butter. You'll know the onions are done when they are soft and caramel in color.
- While onions are caramelizing, slice chives and place yogurt in a bowl.
- When onions are done, stir them into the yogurt.
- Place skillet back on the stovetop and stir in spinach. There should be a bit of oil/butter leftover, but if not, add an additional tablespoon of oil to sauté the spinach.
- Stir spinach, chives, salt and pepper.
- Serve with crackers or veggies and enjoy!
Q: How often do you buy coffee vs. brewing your own?