Black Pepper Whipped Feta combines feta cheese and cream cheese together and then adds black pepper for a hint of flavor.
Say hello to your new favorite appetizer! I’ve made this black pepper whipped feta THREE TIMES already, and people are loooooving it. If you’re anything like me, you put black pepper on everything—every single dinner needs black pepper. I just love it, and believe it or not, it pairs perfectly with feta cheese.
The first time I made this recipe was for my friend’s bachelorette party—I wanted to bring something but I didn’t want to spend much time making it (shock). So, whipped feta just seemed like the logical thing to make, and what a good choice it was because everyone devoured it in record time.
The second time I made this was for an event that I spoke at last week. Madeleine George Boutique, located in Shadyside, hosted a party for their most loyal customers as a “thank you” for their business. They asked me to come to the event, speak about blogging, create a cheese board and make a simple recipe, so again, black pepper whipped feta was the answer. As it turns out, whipped feta sounds fancy which means people will think you’re fancy for making it. Trust me. The event was so much fun and I loved getting to teach people a little bit more of what I do; as much as I think it’s normal, blogging really is a strange career path, so educating people about the power of blogging is super fun for me.
Ok so what IS whipped feta? Well, it’s not only feta cheese that’s been whipped in the food processor, but it’s feta cheese that’s been whipped WITH cream cheese in the food processor. UMMM YES I’m serious. This version adds black pepper and a bit of olive oil too—you gotta try it. If you’re looking for another dip recipe, give this spinach and caramelized onion dip a try.
Black Pepper Whipped Feta
- 8 oz. feta cheese room temperature
- 1 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1-2 tbsp black pepper or more to taste
- Optional: drizzle of olive oil
- Place feta, cream cheese and 1 tbsp black pepper into your food processor and pulse until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times. Also, there may still be a few lumps from the feta--that's ok!
- Scoop mixture out and place it in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp black pepper and drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with crackers, pretzels and/or fruit and enjoy!