Black Pepper Whipped Feta is a combination of feta cheese and cream cheese, and this version also features black pepper for a little extra flavor. Serve it with your favorite fruit, vegetables or crackers for the easiest appetizer recipe ever!
I know this New Year's Eve is slightly different than most, but I still wanted to get this recipe up in time. Perhaps you're planning on having a small get-together and want to make a "fancy" appetizer that actually only takes 5 minutes to prep? This is it!
But I must admit, this whipped feta is the real deal. It's not made with any "lighter" ingredients, because sometimes you just need REAL cream cheese, ya know?
If you're really feeling fancy, you must try the whipped feta on top of my favorite lamb burgers -- seriously, it's life-changing.
- Made with only 3 ingredients
- The easiest + quickest appetizer EVER
- Delicious served with crackers, fruit and/or vegetables
Cream cheese - Use whatever kind you normally buy. I tend to opt for the reduced fat cream cheese, but full fat works too, as does dairy-free.
Feta cheese - Buy an 8 oz. block of feta, rather than crumbled feta
Black pepper - This is what takes this recipe to the next level, in my opinion. With that said, you can definitely omit the black pepper if that's not your thing and just use the feta + cream cheese
First: Place feta in your food processor. Place it in, then pulse your food processor for 10 seconds or so.
Second: Add the cream cheese. With the motor still running, add the cream cheese in through the top, a little at a time (1-2 tablespoon at once). This should take 1 minute or so. If the mixture isn't coming together add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
-You may need to scrape down the sides of your food processor once or twice.
-If you have loose ground black pepper, you can add it in through the top of your food processor. But, if you're like me and using a black pepper grinder, you'll want to stir it in by hand.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Yep! This can be made at least 24 hours in advance. Just follow the instructions, then place plastic wrap overtop of it and store it in the refrigerator (or transfer to a sealed container). You'll have to stir it a few times before serving.
More easy appetizers
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Black Pepper Whipped Feta
- 8 oz. feta cheese room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoon black pepper or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- Place feta into your food processor and pulse for 10 seconds. With the motor still running, add the cream cheese in through the top a little at a time. Then, add 1 tablespoon black pepper.
- You may need to scrape down the sides a few times, and there may still be a few lumps from the feta -- that's ok! If the mixture still isn't blending, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and that should do the trick.
- Scoop mixture out and place it in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon black pepper (or more) and drizzle of olive oil (optional). Serve with crackers, pretzels, fruit and/or vegetables and enjoy!
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in October 2018. It was updated with new text and photos in December 2020.