Craving something sweet? This chocolate chip mug cake is filled with chocolate chips, pecans and then drizzled with maple syrup. It’s ready in under 5 minutes, too!
Don’t you just love mug cakes? They’re not quite the same as a regular cake, but they’re a heck of a lot faster and simpler. If you’re randomly craving something sweet, mug cakes are the way to go!
WHY THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP MUG CAKE IS THE BEST
- It’s not only filled with chocolate chips, but with pecans too for added flavor and texture.
- It’s made with whole wheat flour, so it’s seriously guilt free.
- All you need is 2 minutes in order to make this cake, which may or may not make this the fastest dessert recipe ever.
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE CHIP MUG CAKE
Add the wet ingredients–the egg, syrup and vanilla extract–to your mug and use a fork to whisk them together.
Then add the flour and baking soda directly into your mug and again, stir everything until the batter is nice and smooth. You want to make sure there isn’t any leftover flour on the bottom of your mug, too. Last, stir in the chocolate chips and pecans until they’re well combined.
CAN I LEAVE OUT THE PECANS?
Sure can! If you just want this to be a regular chocolate chip cake, simply omit the pecans and add in a few extra chocolate chips instead.
HELP! MY CAKE DIDN’T BAKE THROUGH ALL THE WAY
I hear ya. The good thing about mug cakes is that they’re fast. The bad thing about mug cakes is that every microwave is different, so cook times vary. I found that 1 minute 20 seconds was perfect for me, but you may need to do a trial run to see, but I think anywhere between 1 minute and 1 minute 45 seconds should be perfect.
OTHER QUICK DESSERT RECIPES
Chocolate Chip Pecan Mug Cake
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pecans
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a microwave-safe mug; stir.
- Add egg, syrup and vanilla extract and mix with a fork.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips--stir everything together REALLY well.
- Microwave for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds***
- Drizzle with extra maple syrup and enjoy!
***Microwave times vary depending on your microwave. You will need to leave it in for at LEAST 1 minute, but it could be anywhere between 1:00 and 1:45. If you don't know, put it in for 1 minute and then see if it's cooked through or not. If not, put it back in in intervals of 10 seconds.