A quick and easy PUMPKIN MUG CAKE that's filled with chocolate chips and is ready in just 5 minutes!
- A delicious pumpkin cake that's ready in just 5 minutes
- A quick and easy dessert recipe
- Even better when topped with chocolate chips
Flour - whole wheat, but can sub all purpose flour
Brown sugar - can sub cane sugar
Milk- any kind
Start by stirring the dry ingredients--flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt--together in a mug.
Then, add the milk, pumpkin and vanilla to the mug and whisk until the batter is smooth.
Microwave the cake for 2 minutes. Then, top the whole thing with chocolate chips and dig in!
- Don't have pumpkin pie spice? Use cinnamon instead.
- Want to switch it up? Try using white chocolate chips.
- Sweetener: I found brown sugar to work best, but cane sugar works too. Can also use maple syrup instead, though if you do that, I'd only use 2 tablespoon milk.
More pumpkin recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips optional
- Stir flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt together in a mug.
- Add milk, pumpkin and vanilla to the mug and stir to combine. Then, stir in 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips.
- Microwave the cake for 2 minutes. Then, top it with the remaining chocolate chips.
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in September 2014. It was updated with new text and photos in September 2020.
Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut says
This looks so freaking good! Why have I never thought to put white chocolate chips with pumpkin?? Thanks for pinning this to my pumpkin group board! I'm planning on including this in a pumpkin recipe round-up on Lifehack if that's cool with you! 🙂
Thank you Amanda! And yes that's great... I will keep my eyes out for the Lifehack round-up 🙂
Davida @ The Healthy Maven says
I'm not bigggg into white chocolate chips but that's mostly because I'm not a huge chocolate person! I know, I'm the worst. But if you can come around to yogurt then maybe I can come around to white chocolate? Challenge accepted.