Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
A quick and easy PUMPKIN MUG CAKE that’s filled with chocolate chips and is ready in just 5 minutes!
- A delicious pumpkin cake that’s ready in just 5 minutes
- A quick and easy dessert recipe
- Even better when topped with chocolate chips
Flour – whole wheat, but can sub all purpose flour
Brown sugar – can sub cane sugar
Milk- any kind
Start by stirring the dry ingredients–flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt–together in a mug.
Then, add the milk, pumpkin and vanilla to the mug and whisk until the batter is smooth.
Microwave the cake for 2 minutes. Then, top the whole thing with chocolate chips and dig in!
- Don’t have pumpkin pie spice? Use cinnamon instead.
- Want to switch it up? Try using white chocolate chips.
- Sweetener: I found brown sugar to work best, but cane sugar works too. Can also use maple syrup instead, though if you do that, I’d only use 2 tbsp milk.
More pumpkin recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips optional
- Stir flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt together in a mug.
- Add milk, pumpkin and vanilla to the mug and stir to combine. Then, stir in 1 tbsp of the chocolate chips.
- Microwave the cake for 2 minutes. Then, top it with the remaining chocolate chips.
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in September 2014. It was updated with new text and photos in September 2020.