These soft, fluffy Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Pancakes are made with whole wheat flour, honey and yogurt. They’re a perfectly sweet and satisfying breakfast or dinner!
Serious question: why is pancake flipping so challenging? Can someone please provide me tips (this is going to be my question at the end of the post, because like I said, this is a real question). I even bought a new skillet (because I ruined my other one), and my pancake flipping skills are STILL not great. But it’s not just about looks, right?! It’s about taste, and these chocolate chip cinnamon pancakes taste deeeeeelicious.
Something I haven’t done in forever is eaten pancakes for dinner. What’s wrong with me?! Growing up, one of my favorite things was breakfast for dinner, but now that I AM grown up (I mean, technically speaking), I never think to do so. ….probably because I typically eat such a big breakfast. When you eat eggs and avocado toast for breakfast most mornings, you don’t think to eat another breakfast for dinner. But pancakes on the weekends? Yes, always. Pancake weekend breakfasts and dinners are something I get on a board with on a fairly regular basis. Especially when they include chocolate chips.
One of my most popular recipes is my Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats, so I figure you must enjoy whole cinnamon-chocolate chip flavor combination (how can you not?!). So, I took that concept and put it into and pancakes and viola, an equally as delicious recipe was created!
For this post, I’ve teamed up with Almond Breeze, the official almond milk of Team USA Volleyball this year. They’ve asked me to create a recipe to help YOU serve up your best, and I believe these pancakes fit that bill quite nicely. They’re made with whole wheat flour and use honey and cinnamon as sweeteners and yogurt (Greek or dairy free) to add to the fluffiness.
Oh and guess what? Almond Breeze is offering you a chance to win $5,000 (!!!)—yep, all you have to do is visit ServeUpYourBest.com to enter the sweepstakes. Good luck!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon PancakesPrint Rate
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt Greek or dairy free
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze almond milk
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Cinnamon glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Almond Breeze almond milk
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add eggs, honey, yogurt, and milk and mix with an electric mixer until batter is smooth; stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray or coconut oil and then pour a small amount of batter into it, forming a pancake.
- Once batter starts bubbling, carefully flip pancake over. Repeat this process until batter is gone.
- For cinnamon glaze: combine sugar, cinnamon and milk in a small bowl and whisk with an electric mixer; pour overtop of pancakes.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Almond Breeze believes in the best. That’s why we only use Blue Diamond Almonds to make our almondmilk and why we’re proud to be an official sponsor of USA Volleyball. Visit www.ServeUpYourBest.com for a chance to win $5,000 for the ultimate beach day, learn fun volleyball moves, get Almond Breeze coupons and smoothie recipes!