Soft and chewy protein bars that are sure to keep you full all morning long! These Chai Spice Protein Breakfast Bars are a great grab-n-go breakfast or post workout option!
You know those mornings when you decide to wake up at the crack of dawn to workout? You set your alarm super early, hit snooze 14 times, somehow manage to get up and get your butt to the gym, KILL IT during your workout, and then return home more ravenous than ever??
Yeah, those mornings. Those beautiful, wonderful, make-you-feel-super-accomplished mornings.
What do you typically eat after a morning workout? Protein, I hope. Now, let’s continue the scenario by assuming you made breakfast, showered and are heading out the door, but still feel a little hungry.
I don’t know about you, but I KNOW this feeling. I know this feeling too well, and when I worked 9-5 it was the worst feeling ever! I’d arrive at work thinking, ‘man, I should have eaten a bigger breakfast.’
NEVER FEAR, these chai spice protein breakfast bars are here!
Ahhhh so corny, I know.
Why are they amazing, you ask?
1. They taste like chai spice, aka cinnamon, cardamom and all spice.
2. They can be made in approximately 20 minutes.
3. They can easily be made vegan and/or gluten free.
4. They’re made with PlantFusion protein, aka my new favorite protein.
PlantFusion is a plant-based protein powder containing no dairy, soy or gluten, it’s easily digestible aaaand—possibly the best part—it tastes amazing. PlantFusion offers a variety of products including a completely protein powder, an organic protein powder, an on-the-go protein drink, and Phood, the ultimate protein supplement.
I opted to use the organic vanilla chai protein powder in these bars and it definitely ADDS to the flavor. These bars are filling, full of spice and of course perfect for when you’re in a hurry.
A few notes:
I made these bars twice—once vegan and once non-vegan, so be sure to follow the recipe and recipe notes for the appropriate ingredients depending on your preference.
Though I opted to use the vanilla chai protein powder, I’m betting these bars would be equally as delicious with the vanilla flavored Phood. The Phood is awesome because it has slow releasing carbs, so it keeps you fuller longer. Adding some into your morning smoothie wouldn’t be a bad idea!
Oh, I almost forget! I drizzled the bars with a cashew “icing” made from soaked cashews, water, syrup, and a dash of cinnamon for added sweetness. You don’t haaaaave to, but it makes them THAT much better.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by PlantFusion. Though I was compensated for my time, all opinions are my own. As always, THANK YOU for supporting the brands that help make this site possible!
Chai Spice Protein Breakfast Bars
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or gluten free oat flour for gf option
- 1 scoop PlantFusion protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp: cardamom ginger, cloves, all spice
- 2 eggs**
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Combine flour, protein powder, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and all spice in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs; add syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and stir.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine everything with an electric mixer.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray or coconut oil and pour mixture into dish; use a spoon or spatula to spread mixture flat and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until edges are set.
- For icing: combine ingredients into blender and pulse; spread or pour overtop bars.
- Cut bars and enjoy!
Q: How do you like to use protein powder? Are you a grab-n-go breakfast eater, or do you sit down and enjoy breakfast?