Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Level up your grilled cheese game with this Strawberry Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich! Two slices of bread with brie, strawberries, dark chocolate, and crushed almonds in between--is there anything better?!
What's your favorite kind of sandwich? A grilled cheese, perhaps? If it's not your favorite, hopefully it's at least in your top three favorite kinds of sandwiches. This brie grilled cheese is a fancy version of the classic grilled cheese sandwich.
I'll be partnering with Dave's Killer Bread over the next several months to bring your recipes to showcase the versatility of bread. Though sandwiches may be the most common use of bread, there's so much more you can do with it! Bread is a huge part of my diet, and if you're viewing this sandwich recipe, I'm guessing it is for you too. I eat bread on a daily basis, so the quality of bread I consume is very important to me. Today, I'm showcasing the White Bread Done Right variety.
Yes, it's white bread, but this white bread is made from barley, spelt, quinoa, rye, and millet flour and boats 10 grams of whole grains!! Pretty impressive if you ask me.
WHY THIS BRIE GRILLED CHEESE IS THE BEST
- It's the adult version of your childhood favorite food
- It's comfort food, but elevated
- CHEESE! But really, do I need to say more?
HOW TO MAKE A BRIE GRILLED CHEESE
Can we talk about how I included little bits of dark chocolate and almonds in this sandwich, though you can't really tell, so I'm making them optional, though chocolate, strawberries and brie cheese do go hand-in-hand.
Start by heating the strawberries over the stovetop. You want them to be softer, but not liquified, so this should only take a few minutes.
Next, butter one slice of bread, then place it butter side down in a nonstick skillet. Top the bread with HALF of the brie, chocolate, almonds, and strawberries, then place another slice of bread butter side up on top. Cook the bread for a few minutes on each side until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
NOTE: The chocolate and almonds are optional. I think they take this sandwich to the next level, but it's also perfectly good with just the strawberries and cheese.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER SANDWICH RECIPES
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Dave's Killer Bread. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help me run this site!
Strawberry Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 pieces of Dave's Killer Bread preferably the White Bread Done Right variety
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 block of brie cheese thinly sliced*
- 4 strawberries thinly sliced
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar or sugar of choice
- 1 tsp crushed dark chocolate optional
- 1 tsp sliced almonds optional
- Sprinkle of powdered sugar for topping optional but recommended
- Heat sliced strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. You want them to be softened, but not liquified. Once strawberries are soft, remove from saucepan.
- While strawberries are warming up, butter each piece of bread on 1 side and set aside.
- Place one piece of bread butter side down in a nonstick skillet.
- Top with half of the slices of brie cheese, almonds, dark chocolate, and half of the strawberries. Place another piece of bread butter side up overtop.
- Cook sandwich until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and repeat the process for the second sandwich.
- Sprinkle sandwich with powdered sugar and enjoy!