Mini Breakfast Pizzas are the ultimate weekend breakfast! They use naan as the crust, and are topped with cream cheese and a fried egg and come together in just 15 minutes!
Pizza for breakfast? I think yes! Pizza is just one of those foods that's acceptable to eat any time of day. This one in particular is topped with cream cheese and an egg, so it's definitely a breakfast food.
This recipe is a spin on my caesar salad pizza, which also uses naan as pizza crust. What can I say? I love naan pizza.
Two of my favorite pizza recipes are my brussels sprouts pizza and my sun-dried tomato pizza, but these breakfast pizzas are extra amazing for a few reasons.
- Made on naan, so you don't have to roll any pizza dough out
- Personal pan-sized pizzas: one piece of naan=1 pizza
- Everything bakes in the oven, so you add the toppings, throw the pizza in the oven and it's ready in 10 minutes!
Naan - No substitutions; naan is the PERFECT single-serve pizza crust. You should be able to find some in the bread aisle or near the bakery at the grocery store.
Cream cheese - Regular or dairy-free
Mozzarella - The mozzarella cheese really "ups" the cheese factor on these breakfast pizzas. Substitutions include: shredded Italian blend or parmesan cheese would work in a pinch.
Spinach - Can sub ANY kind of greens!
First: Add the cream cheese. Bake both pieces of naan onto a large baking sheet, then spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each pizza.
Second: Add the other toppings, plus the egg(s). Sprinkle the cheese over top of the pizzas, then add the sliced tomatoes and spinach, leaving a hole in the center for the egg. Carefully crack the eggs into the center of each pizza.
Third: Bake. Transfer the baking sheet into the oven, then bake the pizzas for 11-12 minutes or until the eggs have set. Top them with fresh chives, slice and eat up!
Tips and tricks
- If you want to switch up the flavor profile, try adding some almond pesto or chipotle aioli on top.
- Other topping options include but are not limited to: mushrooms, bacon, pancetta, zucchini and/or bell peppers. But, be careful not to add too many toppings as naan isn't very big.
- This naan pizza is perfect for breakfast, but if you're also looking for a speedy dinner recipe, be sure to check out my caesar salad pizza (also made on naan!)
What is the serving size for this recipe?
One naan pizza = 1 serving.
Can this be made dairy-free?
Yep! Simply use dairy-free cream cheese (I like Kite Hill) and your favorite dairy-free shredded cheese (like Violife).
More tasty breakfast recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Mini Breakfast Pizzas
- 2 pieces naan
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese regular or dairy-free
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 grape tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chives optional
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place naan bread on a baking sheet and then spread cream cheese overtop, then sprinkle the mozzarella all over the pizza.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach on the outside, leaving an empty space in the center of each pizza. Crack an egg into the center, then carefully place the baking sheet into the oven. Bake pizzas for 11-12 minutes until the eggs have set and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chives and fresh cracked black pepper and enjoy!
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in January 2017. It was updated with new text and photos in February 2021.
Jocelyn Pytel says
OH MY GOODNESS! I just tried this and it was INCREDIBLE! I used a tortilla because I was too lazy to get to the store and it still worked great. If you do decide to make it with a tortilla, I recommend making a ring of tin foil and laying it in that just so the egg doesn't go spilling everywhere. I also used garlic and chive cream cheese and it was AMAZING! Thank you for such a great recipe!
Jocelyn Pytel says
this should really be 6/5 stars1
YAY! I'm glad you liked them so much 🙂 And good call with the chive cream cheese!
Sandy England says
I'm not understanding . You put this in a bowl and then bake it?
hi -- you're going to use pre-made naan bread and then place the toppings on it then bake it.
Spank me with that bokeh. I love it. Well shot and I am going to make this awesome looking dish.I'm just waiting for my tomatoes to ripen up. ( late planter here )
AH! This looks amazzzzing.
Sarah | Well and Full says
I LOVE the idea of making breakfast pizzas with naan bread! So genius!! 😀
😀 Thanks Sarah!
I am drooling. Breakfast pizza- yes, please!! Pinning now for future use!
Thanks Jen--let me know if you try it!
these are beautiful, and I love how you can customize them. Naan for breakfast? please.
Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food says
You've combined my two favorite things: breakfast and pizza! Lol. This looks awesome and I can see how the cream cheese would actually work.
It DOES work--thanks Kelly!