Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Mini Savory Zucchini Bread is full of flavor thanks to plenty of cheddar cheese, chives and garlic and it pairs perfectly with cream cheese!
I don’t know what I and/or you should be more excited about—the fact that this zucchini bread is mini or that it’s savory?! Clearly both. I suppose I’m on a mission to expand my savory breakfast options. Savory breakfast lovers, you get me, right? Sometimes you just need to switch it up, but not too much obviously. So, savory zucchini bread it is!
As a complete side note, how nice was the weather this weekend? I know it’s so basic to talk about the weather, but I just couldn’t get over the sunshine and lower temps. We made a conscious effort to spend more time outside than we normally would by taking Layla on longer walks and we even went to an outdoor brewery Saturday night, which was lovely.
I realize a mini loaf pan may not be highest on your list of priorities, but it’s so fun!
This savory zucchini bread is made quite similarly to traditional zucchini bread, but it has cheese in it! And chives. And garlic. All good things of course. Plus, they bake a bit faster because they’re smaller.
Pro tip: this bread pairs really well with cream cheese. I think original would be lovely, but I opted for the chive cream cheese for extra flavor.
If you want a switch up from traditional zucchini bread, give this savory zucchini bread a try.
Mini Savory Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp chives
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1 1/4 cup zucchini shredded
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl. Then, add eggs, milk, oil, and chives and stir until combined. Last, stir in the cheese and zucchini.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or nonstick spray, then add batter to the pan. You might have a little batter leftover, just FYI.
- Bake bread for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut and serve with cream cheese (optional!) and enjoy!