This Coconut Bread is made with coconut milk, coconut oil AND shredded coconut; it's a coconut lover's dream! It's also gluten free, dairy free and topped with a tasty powdered sugar glaze for added sweetness.
This coconut bread is a recipe that I was planning on sharing much later in the month, but I just couldn't wait any longer. If you're a fan of coconut, you're going to want to listen up because we devoured this bread in approximately 24 hours. Yes, it's that good.
- It's made with coconut milk, coconut oil and shredded coconut, so it's loaded with coconut flavor
- It uses oat flour, so it can easily be made gluten free
- The glaze on top adds a nice hint of sweetness to this bread recipe
Oat flour - To make homemade oat flour, simply add rolled oats to you blender and blend until they've turned into flour -- it's that simple!
Shredded coconut - I like using unsweetened shredded coconut to keep the bread a little less sweet, and then adding the glaze for more sweetness. Alternatively, you could use sweetened coconut and omit the glaze if you prefer.
Cane sugar - Or sub coconut sugar.
Eggs - Since this recipe is gluten free, I've found that using regular eggs works better than flax eggs. With that said, you can use flax eggs to keep this vegan, but the texture will be slightly different.
This bread recipe is pretty straight forward, but let's walk through it.
Step 1: Combine dry ingredients: Mix the oat flour, sugar, shredded coconut, baking soda, and baking powder together in a bowl.
Step 2: Combine wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla together. Then, stir in the room temperature melted coconut oil.
Step 3: Pour batter into bread pan. Grease an 8x4 bread pan with coconut oil (or line with parchment), then pour batter into pan and bake the bread for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tips and tricks
- I folded the wet and dry ingredients together with a rubber spatula, but you can use a hand mixer if you prefer.
- Wait until the bread cools before adding the glaze and slicing.
How long will this last?
This bread will stay fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Do I have to add the glaze?
Nope! The glaze makes this bread a little bit sweeter, so if you don't want it super sweet, simply omit the powdered sugar glaze.
More delicious bread recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
- 2 ⅔ cups oat flour
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 ½ cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 13.5 oz. coconut milk (1 can)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x4 bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and set it aside; allow it to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the oat flour, sugar, shredded coconut, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla; then, stir in the cooled coconut oil.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan, then bake the bread for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Leave the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it and transfer it to a cooling rack. Wait for the bread to cool before adding the glaze.
- For the glaze: whisk the powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl, then drizzle it over the bread. Slice and enjoy!