This Triple Coconut Bread is made with coconut milk, coconut oil and shredded coconut; it’s a coconut lover’s dream! It’s also dairy free and topped with a tasty powdered sugar glaze for added sweetness.
This triple coconut bread is a recipe that I was planning on sharing much later in the month, but I just couldn’t wait any longer. If you’re a fan of coconut, you’re going to want to listen up because we devoured this bread in approximately 24 hours. Yes, it’s that good.
WHAT MAKES THIS THE BEST COCONUT BREAD?
- It’s made with three kinds of coconut: coconut milk, coconut oil and shredded coconut, so it’s loaded with coconut flavor
- It uses whole wheat flour, so it’s a little more filling and better for you, too
- The glaze on top adds a nice hint of sweetness to this bread recipe
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT BREAD
This bread recipe is pretty straight forward, but let’s talk through it.
Melt coconut oil: I like to start by melting the coconut oil and then allowing time for it to cool down; otherwise, mixing the warm coconut oil with the cold eggs will cause the coconut oil to harden.
Combine dry ingredients: Mix the whole wheat flour, sugar, coconut, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl. I recommend using unsweetened shredded coconut, but sweetened works too.
Combine wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk and vanilla together. Then, stir in the room temperature melted coconut oil.
EASY COCONUT BREAD RECIPE
This bread recipe couldn’t be simpler, and it’s delicious for breakfast, dessert or as a snack. It’s not super sweet on its own, but the sugar glaze adds a touch of sweetness to it.
HOW LONG DOES COCONUT BREAD LAST?
This bread will stay fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER DELICIOUS BREAD RECIPES
Triple Coconut Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut I used unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 can 13.5 oz. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk*
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with coconut oil before pouring batter into pan, pounding pan on countertop so the batter evens out.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for approximately 1 hour, placing a toothpick in the center to assure doneness.
- For the icing: combine sugar and milk together in a small both and mix with an electric mixer. Add more milk or sugar as needed. Place bowl in refrigerator and store until bread is ready to be iced.
- For toasted coconut: Place coconut on a baking sheet and "toast" coconut for 5-7 minutes or until coconut is golden brown. Place coconut atop icing once bread is done.