A simple, homemade Sun Dried Tomato Pizza that uses sun dried tomato pesto in place of pizza sauce, and is topped with prosciutto, tomatoes and goat cheese, and ready in under 30 minutes!
I couldn't love this pizza more! It has all of my favorite things packed into one delicious homemade pizza. Though, specifically if you love sun-dried tomatoes, you'll want to devour this in one sitting!
- A pizza that has it all: delicious homemade pesto sauce, prosciutto, cheese, and spinach -- a little bit of everything!
- Tons of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes
- Delicious right out of the oven or the next day as leftovers
Pizza dough - I like buying actual dough from either Trader Joe's or Whole Foods then rolling it out. Truthfully, any pizza crust will work, so if you have a recipe you like or even if you want to use a pre-cooked pizza crust, that's fine.
Sun-dried tomatoes - I love California Sun Dry, but any brand works. You can buy whole sun-dried tomatoes and slice them, or julienne cut ones. If you're making your own pesto, reserve a few of the whole tomatoes for on top of the pizza, then use the rest for the pizza.
Sun-dried tomato pesto - homemade is best, but again, store-bought works too.
Burrata cheese - Adding burrata is optional. I think it takes the pizza to a whole new level, but burrata is on the pricier side, so if you have to omit one ingredient, I'd omit the burrata and just add extra goat cheese instead.
Step 1: Make the sun-dried tomato pesto. To answer your question, YES you can absolutely use store-bought if you don't want to make your own.
Step 2: Roll out the pizza dough. Flour a work surface and use a rolling pin or your hands to roll the dough out either into a circle or a rectangle, then transfer it to a pizza stone or large baking sheet.
Step 3: Add the pesto. Spread the pesto over the dough, then add the dried basil, red pepper flakes and sliced tomatoes. Bake the pizza for 8 minutes or so. While the pizza is baking, gather the other ingredients.
Step 4: Add remaining ingredients. Remove the pizza from the oven, then add the prosciutto, goat cheese, burrata cheese, and spinach, then bake the pizza for 7-10 more minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
Tips and Tricks
- Prep ahead: If you're using store-bought pizza dough, I don't think you should and/or need to prep this ahead. Store bought dough is usually ready to go, so all you have to do is roll it out and add the toppings. If you're making your own dough from scratch, you can of course make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to assemble the pizza.
- Storage: Store pizza in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, though pizza is always best served fresh.
- Substitutions: You can completely omit the prosciutto if you want to keep this meatless, you can omit the burrata cheese and just add more goat cheese if you prefer, and you can use ANY greens for on top (arugula would be delicious!).
More pizza recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
- 1 package pizza dough I used Whole Foods pizza dough
- ½ cup sun dried tomato pesto
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grape tomatoes halved
- 5 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 ball burrata cheese optional
- 2 tablespoon goat cheese
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups spinach
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- If you haven't already, prepare the sun-dried tomato pesto and set aside.
- Flour a baking mat and roll out dough; transfer dough to a large baking sheet.
- Brush dough with the pesto and then top it with basil, red pepper and tomatoes.
- Place pizza in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove pizza and then add goat cheese, prosciutto, burrata, and spinach and place pizza back in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until the crust has browned a bit.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in December 2016. It was updated with new text and photos in June 2020.
Cory Reynolds says
Easy and amazing!
Rhonda @ Change In Seconds says
Wow that looks amazing, can't wait to try it.
Cailee August says
YUM! Love this pizza! Looks delicious girl! Hope that you have a great weekend!
Pizza perfection. Throw sun dried tomatoes on just about anything and I'm there. This is such an awesome recipe!!
Pizza Fridays is such an awesome thing! I can't wait to try this it looks so colourful and delicious. Yum!!
Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food says
I love pizza Fridays! I also love TJ's dough, such a life saver. This looks so good I just may stop at TJ's after work to get pizza stuff!
I always LOVE your pizza creations! Simple but creative & delicious. Happy Birthday Miguel! 🙂