A simple, homemade Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pizza that uses sun dried tomato pesto in place of pizza sauce, and is topped with prosciutto, tomatoes and goat cheese.
Pizza Fridays are an official THING in our household, and they’re one of Miguel’s favorite meals. Yeah, he’s pretty easy going. Today I’m sharing a pizza recipe because it’s Miguel’s birthday! The big 2-7—what an old man. I think it’s safe to say his 26th year was the best ever, but—dear Miguel—I’m hoping 27 can compare!
Miguel actually took the day off work today, so we’re headed to a yoga class followed by The Vandal for breakfast and then just going about our days normally. Well, at least I am. I told him I love him, but I have work to do, and he didn’t complain. We’re headed to one of his coworkers Christmas parties tonight, and tomorrow we’re going out to dinner followed by one of my friend’s parties. SO MANY PARTIES, but none for Miguel. I told him his gift is my love (<—cute right?) and the upcoming breakfast and dinner and that he’ll get lots of gifts for Christmas. Yep, sorry December birthdays, it’s just easier that way.
I made this pizza awhile ago but I was waiting for the right time to share it, and today seemed like the right time. It’s a pizza covered in sun dried tomato pesto topped with prosciutto, tomatoes, fresh basil, and goat cheese. UMM YES PLEASE. I bought Trader Joe’s whole wheat pizza dough, which is why the crust looks so brown (you were totally wondering, right?). I can’t say I love it more than the regular dough, but it’s still tasty! Something else that’s seriously tasty is the sun dried tomato pesto+goat cheese combo. I’ve decided it needs to happen more often because they go together perfectly.
I’m hoping to whip up this pesto pizza soon! If I were you, I’d add it to your “must make” list riiiiight now.
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pizza
- 1 package pizza dough I used Trader Joe's whole wheat for this recipe
- 1/2 of my sun dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- Goat cheese however much you want to use
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Handful of spinach
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Prepare the sun dried tomato pesto and set aside.
- Flour a baking mat and roll out dough; transfer dough to a large baking sheet.
- Brush dough with the pesto and then top it with basil, red pepper and tomatoes.
- Place pizza in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza and then add goat cheese, prosciutto, fresh basil, spinach and place pizza back in the oven until crust has browned a bit.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!