This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclaimer.
Microwave Mac and Cheese is the easiest weeknight dinner you'll ever make! The entire meal is made in the microwave in just 5 minutes and loaded with broccoli and cheese, making it a great meal for the whole family.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Galanz Americas. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help run this site!
Boy oh boy am I pumped to bring you this microwave mac and cheese! It's cheesy, filled with broccoli (hellooooo vegetables) and ready in under 5 minutes. Yes, I'm serious!
You know those nights when you do not feel like cooking dinner? How about nights when you literally do not have time to cook? That's where this meal comes in handy! It's quick, delicious, nutritious, and the whole family will gobble it up.
This meal is made even easier when using a Galanz ExpressWave Microwave. Why? Because of the Sensor Cook and Sensor Reheat functionality, which makes cooking and reheating food a breeze -- it literally detects when the food is done for you!
Not only is this recipe easy to cook in the microwave, but it's also easy to reheat. Have leftovers? Simply pop them in the microwave and let it do the work for you.
Be sure to pick up your own Galanz ExpressWave Microwave now in-store at Walmart, Walmart.com and Walmart Pickup!
- Pasta - any kind works, though preferably a smaller noodle like macaroni, cavatappi or rotini rather than farfalle or ziti pasta
- Broccoli - frozen. Frozen broccoli cooks more quickly, plus it's easier to always have on hand rather than fresh broccoli.
- Cheese - shredded, preferably cheddar, colby jack or gouda
- Milk - any kind--whatever you have in your refrigerator!
Step 1: Add broccoli, pasta and water to a microwave-safe bowl. Then, place the bowl in your Galanz microwave and simply turn the nob to your desired cook time (in this case, it's 3 minutes).
Step 2: Remove bowl from the microwave, then stir in the milk and cheese and place the bowl back into the microwave for 45 seconds.
Step 3: Stir everything together, then wait 1-2 minutes before giving the pasta a taste test. If for some reason the pasta isn't soft, place it back into the microwave for 15 seconds. If the mixture seems too dry, add 1 tablespoon water before doing so.
Last, top the mac and cheese with hot sauce, chives and/or black pepper.
Tips and FAQs
- Use high-quality cheese if you can. Any kind of organic cheese, or if you're able to find it, Tillamook and Organic Valley cheeses melt really well and will result in a creamier mac and cheese texture.
- Every pasta is a little bit different, meaning the cook times vary slightly depending on the specific type of pasta noodle and the brand of pasta you use. If the pasta still isn't cooked, simply place it back into the microwave in increments of 15 seconds until the pasta is tender.
How many servings is this recipe?
This is a single serve recipe; however, you can fit 2-3 bowls into the microwave at a time, so feel free to make your whole family their own bowl and then cook them together. Of course, you'll have to multiply the amount of ingredients you need, but it's still a quick recipe that shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
Do I have to use broccoli?
Nope! You can use any kind of frozen vegetable. If you're looking for a substitution, I'd go with either frozen peas or cauliflower, or even using a bag of mixed vegetables would work great.
More cheesy recipes:
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Microwave Mac and Cheese
- Add broccoli, pasta, water, and salt to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place bowl in your Galanz ExpressWave Microwave, then turn the cook time nob to 3 minutes and cook.
- Remove bowl, then stir in the milk and cheese and place the bowl back into the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Stir everything together, then wait 1 minutes before doing a taste test. If the pasta still isn't cooked, place the bowl back in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Top mac and cheese with more cheese/hot sauce/chives/black pepper and enjoy!