These lamb burgers can be made on the grill or over the stovetop and are topped with the most delicious pesto whipped feta — it’s a must-try!
Well, we did it! We finally bought a grill. I’m not really sure what took us so long, but now that we have one, I kind of want to grill EVERYTHING. As you can see, I’m still very much in summer mode. I mean, August=summer, right?
Miguel invited his family up from DC to come see our house this past weekend, and it was really, really great being able to spend time outside and grill! At our house! So cool. I was thankful the weather turned out because I’m not really sure what we would have done if we couldn’t be outside, but luckily it was a beautiful day so we spent the evening grilling burgers and hot dogs, eating pupusas (a Salvadorian specialty) and playing corn hole. It was a very summery day, and I loved it.
Now, if I would’ve known we were going to buy a grill (we kind of bought one last minute), I would’ve prepped these lamb burgers! I’m fairly certain his family would’ve loved them. In fact, even though I’ve been going on and on about a grill, these burgers were made over the stovetop pre-grill. So, even if you don’t own a grill, these lamb burgers are a must.
….but if I’m being honest, the real star of this recipe is the PESTO whipped feta. Oh my gosh guys, you HAVE to try it!! Even if it’s not with these burgers (yes really)—you need to give it a shot because it’s ridiculous in the best way.
I found that the easiest way to make this pesto whipped feta is to make the pesto in your food processor, then add the whipped feta ingredients and it should mix pretty easily. You may need to give it a few stirs by hand to make sure everything is perfectly combined.
Remember, if you make this recipe, be sure to tag @thealmondeater on Instagram! And, if you’re looking for more burger inspo, check out these salmon burgers.Print
Lamb Burgers with Pesto Whipped Feta
These lamb burgers can be made on the grill or on a stovetop and are topped with a must-try pesto whipped feta.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop, grill
- Cuisine: burger
for the burgers:
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
for the whipped feta:
- 4 oz. feta cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plain cream cheese
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup arugula or spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For the burgers: add all ingredients to a bowl, then mix it together with your hands. Once everything is combined, form the mixture into burgers. Heat your grill as you normally would, OR heat a skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil, then add the burgers and cook until the meat is done to your liking.
- For the whipped feta: add the basil, arugula, garlic, and olive oil to a food processor and pulse until everything is combined. Then, add the feta, cream cheese, and milk and pulse until the pesto and feta are mixed together. You may need to pour everything into a bowl and stir by hand a bit if your processor won’t completely mix it.
- To assemble: place burgers on a bun, then top them off with a spoonful of pesto whipped feta.
Keywords: lamb burger, whipped feta, pesto, pesto whipped feta