These lamb burgers can be made on the grill or over the stovetop and are topped with the most delicious pesto whipped feta. They’re loaded with flavor and easy to make–a must-try!
Well, we did it! We finally bought a grill. I’m not sure what took us so long, but now that we have one, I kind of want to grill EVERYTHING.
Admittedly, lamb is one of my favorite meats. I like it in bowls and in meatball form too. I don’t eat it super often, so when I do eat it, it feels like a treat. These lamb burgers with feta might be my favorite recipe yet! You can grill them OR cook them on the stovetop, so really, they’re a year-round recipe.
WHY THESE LAMB BURGERS WITH FETA ARE MY FAVORITE
- Lamb on its own is very flavorful, so you don’t need a ton of extra ingredients for it to taste good. These burgers are made with minimal ingredients but are incredibly flavorful.
- They can be grilled or cooked on the stovetop, whatever method is easier for you.
- They’re topped with pesto-whipped feta, which if you haven’t tried it, is the BEST way to eat feta cheese.
HOW TO MAKE PESTO-WHIPPED FETA
Make the pesto: Add ALL of the pesto ingredients to your food processor and then pulse for 20-30 seconds.
Add the feta: Leave the pesto in your food processor, then add the feta ingredients into the food processor as well and pulse until everything looks like the photo below (a mostly smooth texture).
HOW TO SERVE LAMB BURGERS WITH FETA
There are a number of different ways to eat a lamb burger. You could eat it as pictured, on a whole wheat bun. Alternatively, you could serve it on top of salad (arugula or spinach would be delicious).
Besides the pesto-whipped feta, additional toppings include but are not limited to: tomatoes, greens of any kind, olives, red onion, and/or cucumbers.
SIDES TO GO WITH LAMB BURGERS
- Healthy Greek Salad
- Arugula Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
- Tomato Bacon Green Bean Salad
- Fried Halloumi Lentil Salad
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche
- The BEST Roasted Artichokes
OTHER BURGER RECIPESPrint
Lamb Burgers with Pesto Whipped Feta
These lamb burgers can be made on the grill or on a stovetop and are topped with a must-try pesto whipped feta.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop, grill
- Cuisine: burger
for the burgers:
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
for the whipped feta:
- 4 oz. feta cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plain cream cheese
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup arugula or spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For the burgers: add all ingredients to a bowl, then mix it together with your hands. Once everything is combined, form the mixture into burgers. Heat your grill as you normally would, OR heat a skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil, then add the burgers and cook until the meat is done to your liking.
- For the whipped feta: add the basil, arugula, garlic, and olive oil to a food processor and pulse until everything is combined. Then, add the feta, cream cheese, and milk and pulse until the pesto and feta are mixed together. You may need to pour everything into a bowl and stir by hand a bit if your processor won’t completely mix it.
- To assemble: place burgers on a bun, then top them off with a spoonful of pesto whipped feta.
Keywords: lamb burger, whipped feta, pesto, pesto whipped feta